WHIMVILLE.COM coming October 15th

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

WHIMVILLE.COM coming October 15th

Post by catgarza »

i feel like a heel. i haven't been by quite as much due mostly in part to my new forum, which i'm currently obsessed with. i wanted to post this though....

so joey and i nailed down october 15th (my 30th birthday) as the launch date for whimville.com, a stand alone site, much in the spirit of james kochalka's AMERICANELF. MT powered, too. ;)

i've also decided to rerun the original 15 episodes of the original WHIMVILLE and continue the story from there. i've already begun working on the new episodes. after a couple of false starts and board posts of "new" material, my frustration was mounting till i went back and looked at the old episodes that originally ran on themestream.com. when i had to quit WHIMVILLE originally i promised a lot of you it would be back. there's been a lot of near opportunities to work on it but now, with WHIMVILLE.com, i'll be able to continue the story the way i wanted to. i've gone back and made a lot of editorial changes (mostly spelling corrections), so the "old" episodes will be "remixed" to only a minute degree... then, when the 15th episode runs, the new stuff will begin.

i can't wait for you to see the site! this is exactly the model i'd hoped for with the original WHIMVILLE, a site that is supported by the readers. of course, this will be a subscription site, but i promise i'll make it something you'd WANT to subscibe to !!! :)

if i can just get 1000 subscribers, i can probably work full time for the first time ever!!! whoot!
cayetano "cat" garza jr. Image
cybercholo/webcomix "pioneer"/weirdo
japanimationfist
Consistant Poster

Post by japanimationfist »

When will the preview go up Cat? I've been holding off on any of the MT sister sites, in hopes that you would be getting something like this together. Now I just can't wait to see it!

I'm sure that as soon as you have something up you'll post it, and when you do we can start posting as well, to bring people to your door.

Looking forward to you kicking some ass.
Check out this week's <a href="http://www.monsterhollow.com">Featured Creature</a>
catgarza
Mayor of Whimville

Post by catgarza »

aw, thanks! :)

i'll post here as soon as we have a preview up.
cayetano "cat" garza jr. Image
cybercholo/webcomix "pioneer"/weirdo