Does anyone know this comic...

Discuss the Zwol comic. (Random yammering also allowed.)

Moderator: Moderators

Sylvanelf
Forum Member

Post by Sylvanelf »

It's an online comic, and I think I might have seen it through a link from Zwol. It starts out with 2 college roomates, and they are robbed, and someone down the hall gets shot. And there was a cop. Or something. You probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Oh yeah, Mr. Zwolmakerperson, put more David Bowie in your comic!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Sorry, that doesn't ring a bell with me, but that may have more to do with my deficient memory than anything else. There are so many comics out there that seem to have the "college roommate" thing going on, that the sort of all run together in my head.

As to Mr. Bowie popping up again- it could happen.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
OOAdj
Total Freak

Post by OOAdj »

But how could you EVER forget your college roommate??!?!?!?!?

- The Hotel Detective
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I don't think there was a cop that time.
Des
Forum Member

Post by Des »

Could this comic be Flail? That's my first impulse- I think it had roommates and a robbery, but I only read the first few comics. The address is
http://flail.com/
and it might be on the Absurd Notions links page.

And I don't like the Bowie references. Nope. You don't know awkward until you've lectured on a comic with Eart hl i ng and Aladdin Sane in hand, trying to make someone understand it. . .
"No, see, it's very clever; it's the album covers! That one's Station to Station, I think, but I don't have it. Of course you don't understand! You've no taste in music, my music-major friend!"
Of course I joke about hating the Bowie appearences. I really liked that one with the album covers- but my poor ignorant friend didn't get it. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Des on 2001-07-11 13:26 ]</font>
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yes! Flail does begin almost exactly that way. How could I have forgotten? I read Flail regularly while it was still being updated. These days, it seems to be stalled, but there have been some mentions that it may be back eventually.
Sylvanelf
Forum Member

Post by Sylvanelf »

That is the right one! Thanx Des! lol, aren't the drawings at Flail horrible? :grin:
In a good way :razz: