Car just died.

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Zhat

Car just died.

Post by Zhat »

When you say "Car just died", do you mean Car form that show, The Night Rider? I just happend to watch that late last night (for about the 3rd time in total). Kit (the good car) was driving stright on to Car (the bad protoype car) playing chicken. Since Car was programed with self-pesorvation, he turned away at the last moment. But he turned off a cliff and into the rocky ocean shore blow, exploding into millions of little bits.
Is that what you mean by Car just died?
Cos if it is, you're fraking me out Scott.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Re: Car just died.

Post by Greg Stephens »

For the record (because I'm not ashamed to know this stuff...) the names of the vehicles were K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand) and K.A.R.R. (Knight Automated... um... Roving Robot, I think). There was a follow-up episode where some dude found K.A.R.R. in the beach, dug it out and was duped into helping the rogue automobile seek its REVENGE!!!!
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
alsis37

I Hate When That Happens

Post by alsis37 »

When I was a little girl, several years before the Stephen King juggernaut got going, there was a horror film advertised on TV and radio called "The Car !" It was just this empty car, probably possessed by Satan (what wasn't in those days ?), that went around squashing teens necking in the meadow or something.

For years, I thought this was a fabricated memory because it seemed so incredibly dumb. Only to find out that a 'net pal in California collects these unappreciated 1970s gems to unwind from her fabulous job as a chronicler of police violence in L.A. Nope. Not fabricated.

I hate when that happens. :oops: I will not, however, sink so low as to go look it up on ebay. I won't !!! (stamps foot.)

Sorry to hear about your car, Scott.
Zhat

Post by Zhat »

Thanks for correcting me Greg. It'll be really usefull next time I'm on Jeopardy.
Christopher Lundgren
Frequent Poster

Nyow!

Post by Christopher Lundgren »

When I glanced at the screen I thought that it said "the cat just died." Scott's rather laissez-faire attitude toward the whole thing seemed a little disturbing for a moment.

As for Knight Rider, I had a nightmare when I was a wee lad that Kitt was out to kill me.
michael patrick

Post by michael patrick »

I once did a comic strip fearuting Michael Knight and Kitt. It was called Auto-Erotica...I bet I have a copy of it around here somewhere. Maybe I'll post it onto my website some day.

www.michaelpatrick.net
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

For the love of God, please, no!

:)
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

Re: I Hate When That Happens

Post by Tim Tylor »

Anonymous wrote:When I was a little girl, several years before the Stephen King juggernaut got going, there was a horror film advertised on TV and radio called "The Car !" It was just this empty car, probably possessed by Satan (what wasn't in those days ?), that went around squashing teens necking in the meadow or something.
I've seen that on TV a couple of times. It's actually pretty good, IMHO - very low-key and atmospheric.

Post by Guest »

For the love of God, please, no!
now I definitely will..
michael patrick

Post by michael patrick »

umm... that was me.

But if I do post the Knight-Rider comic, be aware that it isn't particularly graphic in nature. I delve into the emotional aspect of KITT and Michael's homerotic relationship.
alsis37

Harumph.

Post by alsis37 »

Anonymous wrote:umm... that was me.

But if I do post the Knight-Rider comic, be aware that it isn't particularly graphic in nature. I delve into the emotional aspect of KITT and Michael's homerotic relationship.
But do they sing together ? Pinky and the Brain used to sing together. :wink:

Post by Guest »

I dont think Pinky and the Brain had an "emotional, homoerotic relationship".

At least iI hope not...
alsis37
Forum Member

Double Harumph.

Post by alsis37 »

Stop raining on my used car lot, Guest. FWIW, when the show went off the air, even one of the voice-actors jokingly referred to the mice as "long-time companions."

If I can't engage in pointless speculations about obscure corners of pop culture that demonstrate beyond a doubt just how badly my adolescent mind was warped by all those Mary Renault novels, I don't want to be part of your revolution.

Nyah.
"...It's like my birthday every day
'Cause Mr. Monk is such a ray of wisdom and light
You know he dried all the fears from my eyes
And in time
All time
Will be time..."

--- The Negro Problem
MSUSpar10
Regular Poster

Oh- duh

Post by MSUSpar10 »

I thought it said "Carl just died". Which wasn't anything new...
"I'm here to do some card tricks and fall way short on the yardstick of your love."