FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Car just died.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: PostMy Pen !! My PEN !! Next: PostWe Like the Moon  
Zhat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Car just died. Reply with quote

When you say "Car just died", do you mean Car form that show, The Night Rider? I just happend to watch that late last night (for about the 3rd time in total). Kit (the good car) was driving stright on to Car (the bad protoype car) playing chicken. Since Car was programed with self-pesorvation, he turned away at the last moment. But he turned off a cliff and into the rocky ocean shore blow, exploding into millions of little bits.
Is that what you mean by Car just died?
Cos if it is, you're fraking me out Scott.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Car just died. Reply with quote

For the record (because I'm not ashamed to know this stuff...) the names of the vehicles were K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand) and K.A.R.R. (Knight Automated... um... Roving Robot, I think). There was a follow-up episode where some dude found K.A.R.R. in the beach, dug it out and was duped into helping the rogue automobile seek its REVENGE!!!!
alsis37

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: I Hate When That Happens Reply with quote

When I was a little girl, several years before the Stephen King juggernaut got going, there was a horror film advertised on TV and radio called "The Car !" It was just this empty car, probably possessed by Satan (what wasn't in those days ?), that went around squashing teens necking in the meadow or something.

For years, I thought this was a fabricated memory because it seemed so incredibly dumb. Only to find out that a 'net pal in California collects these unappreciated 1970s gems to unwind from her fabulous job as a chronicler of police violence in L.A. Nope. Not fabricated.

I hate when that happens. I will not, however, sink so low as to go look it up on ebay. I won't !!! (stamps foot.)

Sorry to hear about your car, Scott.
Zhat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for correcting me Greg. It'll be really usefull next time I'm on Jeopardy.
Christopher Lundgren
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Nyow! Reply with quote

When I glanced at the screen I thought that it said "the cat just died." Scott's rather laissez-faire attitude toward the whole thing seemed a little disturbing for a moment.

As for Knight Rider, I had a nightmare when I was a wee lad that Kitt was out to kill me.
michael patrick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once did a comic strip fearuting Michael Knight and Kitt. It was called Auto-Erotica...I bet I have a copy of it around here somewhere. Maybe I'll post it onto my website some day.

www.michaelpatrick.net
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the love of God, please, no!

Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I Hate When That Happens Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
When I was a little girl, several years before the Stephen King juggernaut got going, there was a horror film advertised on TV and radio called "The Car !" It was just this empty car, probably possessed by Satan (what wasn't in those days ?), that went around squashing teens necking in the meadow or something.

I've seen that on TV a couple of times. It's actually pretty good, IMHO - very low-key and atmospheric.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the love of God, please, no!

now I definitely will..
michael patrick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm... that was me.

But if I do post the Knight-Rider comic, be aware that it isn't particularly graphic in nature. I delve into the emotional aspect of KITT and Michael's homerotic relationship.
alsis37

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Harumph. Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
umm... that was me.

But if I do post the Knight-Rider comic, be aware that it isn't particularly graphic in nature. I delve into the emotional aspect of KITT and Michael's homerotic relationship.

But do they sing together ? Pinky and the Brain used to sing together.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Pinky and the Brain had an "emotional, homoerotic relationship".

At least iI hope not...
alsis37
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Double Harumph. Reply with quote

Stop raining on my used car lot, Guest. FWIW, when the show went off the air, even one of the voice-actors jokingly referred to the mice as "long-time companions."

If I can't engage in pointless speculations about obscure corners of pop culture that demonstrate beyond a doubt just how badly my adolescent mind was warped by all those Mary Renault novels, I don't want to be part of your revolution.

Nyah.
And in time
All time
Will be time..."

--- The Negro Problem
MSUSpar10
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Oh- duh Reply with quote

I thought it said "Carl just died". Which wasn't anything new...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: