Business comic letters

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Offa

Business comic letters

Post by Offa »

After I read Scott's book "understanding comics," I recalled how badly my business letters always seemed to work. I wondered if I replaced the staid prose with comic panels if magic things would start to happen. I have not ever tried to convert to comics for business letters. But I wonder if other people have tried writing a business comic letter and what results were produced?

No, but....

Post by Guest »

I once did a philosophy midterm paper entirely in limericks.

Post by Guest »

I dunno. I think business letters are supposed to be really serious, and even though comics CAN be really serious, square-headed people (say, business-type people) are unlikely to regard them as such.

Post by Guest »

Besides, what would you draw?
offa

business comics

Post by offa »

Your self.

Draw a picture of you talking to the potential client. I think business comics will really work with direct mail letters, most direct mail letters don't work and get thrown away. If you can increase the number of responses to business comic letters, the medium would much more profitable than an ordinary letter.
offa

square-headed people

Post by offa »

want to make money, if business comic letters produce more results than existing medium, business comics will be used. All we need to do is test the idea. It has probably already been done before. Does anyone have any campaign examples? Comparing the sales results of a business comic letter against a business text letter?