Found a Lucky Fiddle

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Jpwoo

Found a Lucky Fiddle

Post by Jpwoo »

This is a thread dedicated to all those titles that linger at the bottom of the Morning improve suggestion list. Poor Found a lucky Fiddle.

Time for someone to think of that and type it into the suggestion box thing: give it 30 seconds.

Scott types in the words: Found a lucky fiddle into his web composer: 1 second. 3 seconds to account for carpel tunnel.

People look over the title listings and fall in love with Bad art day and Accidental dentist. Found a lucky fiddle is glimpsed at but not considered. collectively I will give it 10 minutes of mental bandwidth there.

over the long time of the walwus a few people put down their hard earned pennies for Found a LUcky Fiddle. (it is at 100 even right now) Bitpass transaction time of about 10 seconds per. One person most likely put in 50 cents, and assume 50 more one penny donations for a total of about eight and a half minutes. Time spent by me writing this post call it 5 minutes.

This makes for a happy estimated total of about nine minuets of collective mental bandwidth spend on this title.

This is more time and mental effort than most short phrases get, but it certainly isn't a heavyweight like the title, To kill a mockingbird, or even i the same boat as Punky Brewster: the cartoon.

Lucky Fiddle! I salute you and your other ignored brothers. May you have your fifteen minutes of fame.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I liked "Sleight of Hand" myself. Well, apparently not all by myself, since some other people voted for it, too, but it still comes up as an also-ran.

"Sleight of Hand," I salute you!
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Haze
Regular Poster

Post by Haze »

me reading that post gives it another minute of fame!

I wonder if publicly showing the vote counts is a good idea. I think people are not voting for those lower ranked titles simply because they have no chance of catching up.
Cyborg Caveman
Frequent Poster

Post by Cyborg Caveman »

I kind of wish there was some way to review all the MI titles that didn't didn't make it. Some of them were pretty evocative - -others were just plain weird. It would be interesting to see the ones that won juxtaposed against those that didn't.
Greg O.
Jpwoo

Post by Jpwoo »

Someone should start a place for people to post comics based on loosing titles. Why should Scott be the only one improving?
Cyborg Caveman
Frequent Poster

Post by Cyborg Caveman »

Jwoo wrote:Someone should start a place for people to post comics based on loosing titles. Why should Scott be the only one improving?
Which is actually a great idea, but you'd probably have to get Scott's permission seeing as every title whether used or not belongs to him once you submit.

*almost always reads the fine print*
Greg O.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Something like this was tried once with "All Purpose Correction Fluid" to moderate success.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
jpwoo

Post by jpwoo »

I am not a copywrite expert, but I don't think that someone can claim ownership of a title.

I would give the correction fluid effort a full success rather than a moderate one.
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

Post by Kris Lachowski »

Greg Stephens wrote:Something like this was tried once with "All Purpose Correction Fluid" to moderate success.
Yeah I had fun reading the All Purpose Correction Fluid comics and doing one (very after the fact). Hey maybe the thread could be ressurected or a similar one could be created.

*note* I just read what I typed and although I definately mean and agree with what I typed I can't help, but think it sounds goofy. *end note*

I mean Gee-Wiz guys (and gals) it would be keen!!!
jpwoo

woo hoo

Post by jpwoo »

Someone put another penny in Found a lucky fiddle bringing its total to 101! I sense a rally coming for it. end this senseless bidding war, put down 20 dollars on Found a lucky Fiddle!