FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Business comic letters
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: PostSky's Poetry For Sale? Next: PostYe Olde Sequential Arte Tapestry Comicks  
Offa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Business comic letters Reply with quote

After I read Scott's book "understanding comics," I recalled how badly my business letters always seemed to work. I wondered if I replaced the staid prose with comic panels if magic things would start to happen. I have not ever tried to convert to comics for business letters. But I wonder if other people have tried writing a business comic letter and what results were produced?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: No, but.... Reply with quote

I once did a philosophy midterm paper entirely in limericks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I think business letters are supposed to be really serious, and even though comics CAN be really serious, square-headed people (say, business-type people) are unlikely to regard them as such.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, what would you draw?
offa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: business comics Reply with quote

Your self.

Draw a picture of you talking to the potential client. I think business comics will really work with direct mail letters, most direct mail letters don't work and get thrown away. If you can increase the number of responses to business comic letters, the medium would much more profitable than an ordinary letter.
offa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: square-headed people Reply with quote

want to make money, if business comic letters produce more results than existing medium, business comics will be used. All we need to do is test the idea. It has probably already been done before. Does anyone have any campaign examples? Comparing the sales results of a business comic letter against a business text letter?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: