FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
...Must...lighten...subject matter...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: Posti don't get it Next: Posthartsfield landing?  
Lauren

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: ...Must...lighten...subject matter... Reply with quote

Although I love the political debate, as I'm sure the rest of you do, I have to change the subject for a brief moment. Can we create a new catchphrase with Bucket Full o' Kittens? Think about it. "A whole different kettle of fish" or "a whole different bucket of kittens". What do you think?
Christopher Lundgren
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Good idea. Reply with quote

How about "More fun than a bucketful of kittens!" At this point, I'd say that applies to just about anything.

Or if you say something that you were trying to keep secret, you've "let the kitten out of the bucket."

If you wish to administer a savage beating you can "open up a bucketful of kittens on someone's ass."

Or if you've triggered an event, which once in motion can no longer be contained, (something that seems to happen a lot around here), you've "opened up a whole new bucketful of kittens."
Connor Moran
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the way that the debate has been going on this board "Opening a bucket of kittens" probably means about the same as "opening a can of worms."
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Good idea. Reply with quote

Christopher Lundgren wrote:
[Y]ou can "open up a bucketful of kittens on someone's ass."

There are people who pay for that sort of service, but it's illegal in most places.
justanothercrowd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute as a Kitten full of Buckets. Very small buckets.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling that many people on this board wish we could get back to the days of a barrel full of monkeys, or more accurately, a town full of monkeys. Then we wouldn't be accusing each other of putting forth a pack full of lies.
icepick
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Is there any middle ground? Reply with quote

When it comes to the war, and the politics represented in this cartoon, I keep find myself feeling alone wondering if I am the only one who doesn't have all the answers. There are so many people on both sides that have everything cut and dried. On one side people view Bush as a murderer who is out to benefit from the oil of the country he has conquered. On the other side he is seen as a great man who has defended our interests and liberated two countries from despots.

I don't believe that everything we have done was justified, at least in IRAQ, but the rest of the world would have let Hussein rape and murder and torture his people while they discussed it in council meetings ad nauseum.

Now we see both libya and North Korea acting differently after Iraq. Even though I don't understand it all, it looks like some good may come from it in the end.

Who else does not feel like they agree with either party whole heartedly and wish for better options?
Christopher Lundgren
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: That was never five minutes just now. Reply with quote

icepick wrote:
Who else does not feel like they agree with either party whole heartedly and wish for better options?

Yup. That about sums it up.

I get so freaking tired of people who seem to want to argue for the sake of arguing. It's not as if one is going to convince the other that he/she is right. They're both going to stick to their guns until they're blue in the face and resorting to personal attacks because they've both run out of anything meaningful to say. To paraphrase Monty Python, an argument isn't merely saying "no it isn't."

And what difference does it make anyway? Your personal opinion, one way or the other, is not going to change the events taking place in the world. Who has that kind of energy to rant and rave about issues over which not one of us has any influence? Nobody's learning anything. You're just making the rest of us weary.

To me, the way we conduct our political process is an exercise in mental retardation. Something is long overdue for a big re-think.
Bumblejumper
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: That was never five minutes just now. Reply with quote

To paraphrase Monty Python, an argument isn't merely saying "no it isn't."

Yes, it is.
Scott McCloud
The one and only

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: That was never five minutes just now. Reply with quote

Bumblejumper wrote:
To paraphrase Monty Python, an argument isn't merely saying "no it isn't."

Yes, it is.

No, it isn't.
Cyborg Caveman
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what difference does it make anyway? Your personal opinion, one way or the other, is not going to change the events taking place in the world. Who has that kind of energy to rant and rave about issues over which not one of us has any influence? Nobody's learning anything. You're just making the rest of us weary.

I'll have to agree to disagree with you. If the political opinion posts are wearying then opt to not read them would be my advice. I'd imagine each person on both sides of the debate feel that if their ranting and raving causes even just one person to consider things differently then it was all worth it. A mind at a time and all that.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I love to argue, and I love to rant and rave. It runs in my family. It was probably passed down from my grandfather, who passed from this earth one year ago, yesterday (please, no sympathy cards - don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!)

Of course, if that old Bolshevik were still here today (and still in possession of his faculties) he'd been arguing on the side of all you liberals out there. Hell, he'd be leading the charge. He'd be calling George W. a fascist, and he'd be defending the French (and blasting the British).

I remember back in 1988, when I voted in my first presidential election. My grandfather asked me, "So, who are going to for? Dukakis?" I told him I was voting for the elder Bush, to which he replied, "Vat, are you crazy!" He then proceded to tell me how Lenin was a genius (but Stalin was a bastard) and that had Lenin had lived into the 1930s, Hitler would never have come to power, because Lenin would have convinced the Communists and Social-Democrats in Germany to form a coalition that would have defeated Hindenburg and Hitler. Who knows? Only Sherman, Peabody, and the Watcher, I'll bet.

Now, who's mind is next?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Cute as a Kitten full of Buckets. Very small buckets.

Or very large kittens.
OK Lumberjack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip Tanion wrote:
you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!

That reminds me, Happy Birthday Graham Chapman, whereever you are!

Now, shut you're festering gob, ya tit! Your type really makes me puke! You vacuous, coffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!
Christopher Lundgren
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Why didn't I think of that? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Now, shut you're festering gob, ya tit! Your type really makes me puke! You vacuous, coffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!

Oh, "festering gob" -COMMA- "you tit." That makes perfect sense! I've gone through the better part of my life wondering what a "gobutit" was.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That reminds me, Happy Birthday Graham Chapman, whereever you are!
Wow, I didn't even realize that. I didn't know he shared his birthday with The King. Did Graham ever do an Elvis impression?

All right, let's stop this whole thing, right now. It's gotten much too silly.
Fat Head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Graham Chapman a poofta?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: