ARTIST WANTED FOR GRAPHIC NOVEL PAID

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

swampline
Forum Member

ARTIST WANTED FOR GRAPHIC NOVEL PAID

Post by swampline »

Swampline Productions is looking to hire an artist for a new graphic novel 50 plus pages. We are looking for a very particular style and we want a cartoon style of art in a style similar to Scottie Young I hate Fairyland. The story features cartoon birds as the leads so it is more animal orientated than people led in terms of characters.

We are looking for inked pages and our page rate is $20 USD dollars per page and we pay every 5 pages via paypal. After low res pages are approved. Payment will be sent within 7 working days via paypal in exchange for the high res pages. We are looking for an artist that can start immediately.

Please email portfolio samples of sequential art and pin ups to

swamplinecomics@gmail.com

www,swamplinecomics.com
arkhein
Frequent Poster

Art Studio available

Post by arkhein »

Hi, we are a full service art studio available for GN production - that means we can handle everything from the writing to the letters and prepress and all the in between - but it may prove difficult to find quality artwork at that price. Check our work out and let me know if you're open to negotiating how you can create an awesome book from your idea. AnomalousComics.deviantart.com/gallery

Thanks!
Chris
chrisjohnsonthewriter@gmail.com
diegogue
Consistant Poster

Post by diegogue »

$20 per page is humilliating, any artist with some dignity could accept that
Orrryyyaaaa
Regular Poster

Post by Orrryyyaaaa »

20 is way to low... well if it at least you make it 40$. or 35.
if you agree on 40 i will accept this and i can start immediately.
ld-airgrafix
Consistant Poster

Post by ld-airgrafix »

$20 is better than nothing, there are way too many self proclaimed “proffesional� artists on this forum that shouldnt be charging money at all.
If you guys are proffesionals and find $20 humiliating, then perhaps you should be over at marvel or dc forums, looking for a job.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

Orrryyyaaaa wrote:20 is way to low... well if it at least you make it 40$. or 35.
if you agree on 40 i will accept this and i can start immediately.
Does that include lettering?
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Post by noonecomics »

ld-airgrafix wrote:$20 is better than nothing, there are way too many self proclaimed “proffesional� artists on this forum that shouldnt be charging money at all.
If you guys are proffesionals and find $20 humiliating, then perhaps you should be over at marvel or dc forums, looking for a job.
agree with you so much....im sending a virtual hug and high five your way.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

noonecomics wrote: agree with you so much....im sending a
virtual hug and high five your way.
I'm in the middle here. This is a publisher that gets books out by paying little or nothing. I would be a little wary of them. But I have seen people who are students or first time writers offering similar rates for a webcomic and there are replies screaming they are exploiting artists.
How? By posting they are looking for an artist for a project that has no present profit potential at a rate they can afford?.Nobody has to respond to an ad and accept pay offered. I have seen artists that list a page rate and in subsequent posting drop their rates, in some cases down to half. Are they exploiting themselves?
Orrryyyaaaa
Regular Poster

Post by Orrryyyaaaa »

WillEd wrote:
Does that include lettering?
yes