WRITER LOOKING FOR ARTIST

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

TelesTrilogy
Forum Member

WRITER LOOKING FOR ARTIST

Post by TelesTrilogy »

I am currently writing a full-length sci-fi trilogy and converting it into a 30-40 comic book series. Two of the three books in my trilogy, are published already. I have one artist collaborating with me and I am looking for a few more to help bring the story to life. This job will not be a paid up front, the pay will be based on a percentage of profits. This is a great way to get your name out there as an aspiring artist. You will receive full recognition inside of each comic. This is a well-crafted project in the making that is being given my full dedication. When it is done, I will be submitting the completed comics to publishers like Image, Dark Horse and I wont stop there. If I have peaked your interest and the coin landed on heads, get a hold of me. I can at least send you some samples to see if you like the story. The Tele Trilogy is on Facebook, InstaGram, and www.telestrilogy.com
Will Coughlan
telestrigger@yahoo.com
Last edited by TelesTrilogy on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taahira
Frequent Poster

Post by Taahira »

You should spell-check the note you linked to.
diegogue
Consistant Poster

Post by diegogue »

Taahira wrote:You should spell-check the note you linked to.
Don't care about the spelling, as far this is not paid no one would take care of that link
ld-airgrafix
Consistant Poster

Post by ld-airgrafix »

diegogue wrote: Don't care about the spelling, as far this is not paid no one would take care of that link
Nothing wrong with free collaboration, heck, 90% of self proclaimed “professionals artists� on this forum, should be free collaborating and not charging a cent.
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

Advice

Post by Ruyei »

Taahira wrote:You should spell-check the note you linked to.
Even if you don't care about "not paid" collabs, your promotional materials should still be spell checked. As far as I can see, the linked site is a promotional one that advertises your book and allows them to buy it. Your readers will care if the book is grammatically accurate and poor grammar will affect sales.

By the way, you do not specify that this is even back-end (artist is compensated through a percentage of sales). I'm very sorry, but it is very unlikely that an artist will want to work on a project that they will not even be paid a stake in books sold. If you do make a deal with Image there is no reason the money should be going to you alone. I guess some will disagree with me, but I feel that is unethical to sell a commercial project and not pay an artist or writer (even if the payment is simply a percentage of sales). You likely did not mean to imply this...if so please state that you will offer back-end.

Best,
Rob
TelesTrilogy
Forum Member

Re: Advice

Post by TelesTrilogy »

Ruyei wrote:
Even if you don't care about "not paid" collabs, your promotional materials should still be spell checked. As far as I can see, the linked site is a promotional one that advertises your book and allows them to buy it. Your readers will care if the book is grammatically accurate and poor grammar will affect sales.

By the way, you do not specify that this is even back-end (artist is compensated through a percentage of sales). I'm very sorry, but it is very unlikely that an artist will want to work on a project that they will not even be paid a stake in books sold. If you do make a deal with Image there is no reason the money should be going to you alone. I guess some will disagree with me, but I feel that is unethical to sell a commercial project and not pay an artist or writer (even if the payment is simply a percentage of sales). You likely did not mean to imply this...if so please state that you will offer back-end.

Best,
Rob
Last edited by TelesTrilogy on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TelesTrilogy
Forum Member

Re: Advice

Post by TelesTrilogy »

Ruyei wrote:

Best,
Rob
You're totally right, I should have elaborated on the "collaboration" a little more. This is a collaboration, traditionally meaning there will be no up-front pay, but royalties from profits. I plan on going over all of the details with someone that is interested. Thank you.