Micropayment Success?

Micropayments, Macropayments, Subscriptions, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

benkrok

Micropayment success?

Post by benkrok »

Hi there Scott,
I hope you don't think I'm being to nosy, but I'm extremely curious in hearing whether or not cartoonists (and specifically you) are happy with the cash flow coming in via BitPass. No actual numbers, just rough estimates as to whether you think it's a potential success (or whether it already is a success). I think it's a fantastic idea and I'm real interested in learning whether this is actually a financially viable method of distributing comics
If there's already a discussion thread along these lines, just point me in that direction.
Thanks,
Ben
Scott McCloud
The one and only

Post by Scott McCloud »

So far, the numbers are still pretty modest, but that's to be expected. We're asking people to make a huge leap of faith into an unknown type of commerce. One by one, they're doing it, but it'll take a bit longer to become "normalized."

As of today (January 21, '04) total sales of Part One of "The Right Number" are at 2,181 "copies."

Part Two has sold 519 in the first 6 days, so it's on track to match Part One over the next few months.

BitPass just opened its doors recently for anyone who wants to become a seller. If some of the more popular online comics decide to give it a whirl in the coming months things could become very interesting very fast, but we'll see.
jamenw

micropayments

Post by jamenw »

Millipay.com is starting to catch a few eyes letely.