Looking for WEBTOON ARTIST

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Yinkus
Regular Poster

Looking for WEBTOON ARTIST

Post by Yinkus »

Hi,
I'm a writer who wants to go into the Webtoon world.

Please carefully read the following;
1. I have no method of payment... For now. But I do plan on future payments, if the Webtoon brings in some revenue (rev share).
2. You shouldn't quit halfway (at least without notice). Serious artists only.
3. Must be able to update at least once every two weeks.
4. Artists will be granted creative freedom.
5. Proper credits will be given to the artists on each episode/upload.

Multiple projects in mind, all short Webtoon of maximum 50 episodes.
Genres include;
Fantasy
Romance
Comedy
Drama
Adventure
Heart warming
Etc.

Multiple artists needed.

Please if you are interested, send me a private message here or an email to Ettastudios@gmail.com

Looking forward to working with awesome artists.
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

Advice

Post by Ruyei »

Do not expect "serious artists" to respond to a post like this. Artists willing to work for no upfront payment are usually artists just starting out or development. These artists, unless you win their trust, will only go as far as is comfortable for them, not because they're lazy, but because drawing is quite intensive and motivation is needed to dedicate long-term to an art project. Also, you will find very quickly that artists willing to work on collaborative projects like this are in VERY short supply, so simply stating you are a writer looking is not going to be enough. You will need to do a concise but detailed pitch on your project, and optimally provide writing samples to show that you also can hold up your end of the project.

Best,
Rob
Yinkus
Regular Poster

Re: Advice

Post by Yinkus »

Thank you for the advice.
I have no issues working with new artists or just hobbyists, we can all grow together.
I once had an artist contact me that they would love to work with me, saying their fully committed and all, only for them to quit before anything started.
By serious artist I meant someone who will notify me first if any issues so I'll know how to go on from there.
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

Advice

Post by Ruyei »

I recommend defining what “serious artist� means for you then, because “doesn’t flake� is a perfectly reasonable requirement. However I (as well as many others) may have read “serious� as “professional.�

I will say this however...
1. You don’t have nearly enough information about a project or projects to attract an artist

2. Flakes are just a natural aspect of working “collab� or without money exchanging hands before publication. Artists have flaked for me and others after getting paid too! But this applies especially for collabs, and understand that you will meet several artists before finding one that works for you. In terms of paid artist flakes...that’s a completely different topic! And I won’t waste your time on information you didn’t ask for...my response is already a little tldr.

If you have any other questions I’m happy to answer on PM,
Rob