second place

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

justanothercrowd

second place

Post by justanothercrowd »

So far I have a perfect record on pennyvote for voting for the second place title.

This is kind of like our government where the single winner gets all the spoils. We have regional diversity but no diversity of voice because of the winner take all system.
Ben Sutter

Post by Ben Sutter »

It could be worse. He could divide all the voters into subgroups based on state and country, assign each state and/or country a different number based on population, and then only use the population-based numbers to tally the votes. Wow... that would be stupid! I mean... really!
zerofoks
Frequent Poster

Post by zerofoks »

Well...

Somebody better start recycling.
<a href="http://www.radicalartistfoundation.de/zero.htm" target=_blank">zerofoks @ the Radical Artist Foundation</a>
Nino Prita

Post by Nino Prita »

I don't know what system is being used, but any title which receives at least 20% (or 33%, if you'd rather) of the vote should be re-sumbitted for the next title election.
kaos_de_moria
Consistant Poster

good idea

Post by kaos_de_moria »

Anonymous wrote:I don't know what system is being used, but any title which receives at least 20% (or 33%, if you'd rather) of the vote should be re-sumbitted for the next title election.
or every title which comes over 10 usd

(which would be additionally a treat to raise losing titles over that barrier and make some additional money :-) )
Connor Moran
Frequent Poster

Re: good idea

Post by Connor Moran »

kaos_de_moria wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I don't know what system is being used, but any title which receives at least 20% (or 33%, if you'd rather) of the vote should be re-sumbitted for the next title election.
or every title which comes over 10 usd

(which would be additionally a treat to raise losing titles over that barrier and make some additional money :-) )
This is a great idea. A perfect way to get Scott money on votes like this one, where one title takes it going away and nobody cares to vote for it after it gets a good 700 vote lead.
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

Post by DecafSilicon »

We've definitely been over this before. As good as all these ideas are, sometimes I'm afraid Scott gets pissed at everyone advising him, when he knows damn well what's worked.
justanothercrowd

Post by justanothercrowd »

well I vote on the first day and put down my 17 cents and let things fly, so the voting system doesn't effect my money either way. Its like a horse race for me. I was just commenting on my knack at picking runner ups.

and then mocking the US system for electing most of our officials. But every voting system is flawed to some perspective. Look at the BCS, it is a pretty fair system but everyone hates it. America loves a winner.
kaos_de_moria
Consistant Poster

of course we have been over this before

Post by kaos_de_moria »

DecafSilicon wrote:We've definitely been over this before. As good as all these ideas are, sometimes I'm afraid Scott gets pissed at everyone advising him, when he knows damn well what's worked.
but i think scott listens. because this is the first time for him and for us to do this. remember the last vote where two propositions got tons of votes? would anyone have expected that by this stage?

besides, i don't think we're trying to advise scott, we just make some propositions. (i hope scott clears us up on this point himself)

kaos
Connor Moran
Frequent Poster

Post by Connor Moran »

DecafSilicon wrote:We've definitely been over this before. As good as all these ideas are, sometimes I'm afraid Scott gets pissed at everyone advising him, when he knows damn well what's worked.
Well, if that's true, I'm sorry. My only interest is getting Scott the most money possible, because he deserves it, and because we all want him to be as able as possible to make the comics we love.
zerofoks
Frequent Poster

Post by zerofoks »

Well, maybe not on here but for a printed book? A collection of a few years' worth of "could have been"-Improvs?
<a href="http://www.radicalartistfoundation.de/zero.htm" target=_blank">zerofoks @ the Radical Artist Foundation</a>
Ben Sutter
Regular Poster

Post by Ben Sutter »

zerofoks wrote:Well, maybe not on here but for a printed book? A collection of a few years' worth of "could have been"-Improvs?
i'm not sure I understand. Do you mean that Scott would do them? Or are you reffering to the titles only? Are you saying (saying, heh) that fans of the improv should all send in their own versions of the title? That might be interesting.
I've decided that signatures are redundant.
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

Post by DecafSilicon »

Yeah, sorry, I guess I came down harshly.

Kumbaya, Kumbaya...Group hug, gentlemen.

Except you, Rip. I don't know whether that's a concealed weapon or whether you're just happy to see me, but either way...I figure you're not much of a hug guy anyway...
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

DecafSilicon wrote:Except you, Rip. I don't know whether that's a concealed weapon or whether you're just happy to see me
You got to ask yerself one question. "Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?

-Dirty Rippy
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)