Error in Cavemen V Astronauts thread

For reporting forum bugs, feature requests and the like.

Moderator: Moderators

Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

Hey Greg, I keep getting a "General Error" when I try to view the Cavemen vs. Astronauts thread.
The Error is as follows:

General Error

Couldn't obtain vote data for this topic

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error -1 from table handler

SELECT vd.vote_id, vd.vote_text, vd.vote_start, vd.vote_length, vr.vote_option_id, vr.vote_option_text, vr.vote_result FROM phpbb_vote_desc vd, phpbb_vote_results vr WHERE vd.topic_id = 1088 AND vr.vote_id = vd.vote_id ORDER BY vr.vote_option_id ASC

Line : 806
File : /home2/www/zwol/forum/viewtopic.php
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

I get that over on Comixpedia a lot. I think it's a PHP scripting error that seems to happen a lot.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Actually, that's a database error. Apparently, the database encountered some error and was unable to return any results. Why it came up for you (several times, by your description) is beyond me. It's accessing small tables that don't contain much data. The page works OK, I can execute the database query manually just fine. I may have to look into repairing the table, but would rather not have to fiddle with it.

Please let me know if this is still happening to you and about how often. If it still happens for you on that page, could you try looking at some of the other polls and checking if you get similar errors on those?
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

Yeah, last night I tried opening the thread at least a dozen times on two different PCs and the same error keeped showing up. It seems fine now. And I did look at some of the other polls and they were fine last night as well as now. If the error comes back I'll let you know. Thanks