48 Vignettes about everything - (a flash comic)

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

colin
Forum Member

48 Vignettes about everything - (a flash comic)

Post by colin »

Hey,

Just posting a link to the latest flash-based comic I've just finished up. It's called "48 Vignettes about Everything."

To quote my artists statement (it was handed in for school). "It is, at times, and even at the same time; absurd and funny; sad and lonely; poignant and political. It has explored, in a sense, everything. I believe everything is connected; from the coffee cups on our classroom table, to the coffee bean plantations in Peru; from the paper in our sketchbooks to the forests of the Ottawa valley; from the microscopic beings living in our food to the absurdity of our everyday lives - I wanted to explore as much of it as I could."

View it here: http://www.infantshout.com/lcpwork/unit ... opage.html

Also just working on a comics mainpage for my site, which is: http://www.infantshout.com/comics/

And if you have the time, I'd love to know what you think of the comic. I'm quite happy with the end result, but I know there are plenty of avenues to explore here.

colin
comics@infantshout.com
kaos_de_moria
Consistant Poster

interesting

Post by kaos_de_moria »

i think you archieve an interesting effect by linking three stories to each other. on this way you actually expand scotts gutter. between the tree stories there is something like a space between panels (6th (? -last) category as described in UC). in that way the reader artifically links the stories abut the item, the place and the person. i wonder if it would be possible to actually tell seperate stories like this, but use the other panel to panel transitions as proposed by scott.

btw: thanks for the link. i enjoyed reading :D

kaos
colin
Forum Member

Post by colin »

hey,

thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)

yeah, with for example, the 'tree' story i was trying to suggest the disconnect between the actual trees and them being cut down, and the paper mills that process them into paper, cardboard, etc... that was the idea of the bigger space there, and having the pulp mill come in from the far side.

i was trying to develop connections between all the people, places and objects, even in small or humorous / random ways to try and graphically explore the interconneted-ness of our little blue globe. if had had more time, or continued with it further i think it could lead to interesting devlopments in the actual storytelling / navigation system, as a method for getting this story across. but it was a school project and thus there was a deadline. i came up with an idea of using a 'compass' as a navigation system as well, but no time to develop it yet.

anyways, thanks for the feedback!

colin
Veleno
Frequent Poster

Post by Veleno »

I also rather enjoyed that. :-)
"The way to a man's heart is through his ribcage"