Report forum bugs in this thread

For reporting forum bugs, feature requests and the like.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I should be able to fix most of them...
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
John2two
Regular Poster

Post by John2two »

The captions for the icons used in the forum twice uses the phrase "more then 15 posts". It should be "than".

I know that my proofreading services are not always appreciated. Whenever you have had enough of my pesky nit-picking, tell me to bite my tongue on minor typos.

On the other hand, it occasionally works for you. Last week I emailed Sluggo to get him to correct the spelling of your name over in the plug he put in Framed for the 20-panel thing. When he finally made the correction, he only corrected 50% of the error. Sorry I wasn't more clear to him..

John

Greg replies: Thanks, I'll get that fixed. I had noticed the initial misspelling of my name and thought it had changed partway through, but I'm so used to people getting it wrong that I didn't bother to mention it to anybody.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg Stephens on 2001-04-16 12:35 ]</font>
John2two
Regular Poster

Post by John2two »

When I received my email confirmation of my registration as a member, the email did not include my password. Well, here, I'll show you what I received:

Your account information is as follows:

----------------------------
Username: John2two
Password:
----------------------------

Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database
and we cannot retrieve it for you.

John

Greg replies: This should now be fixed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg Stephens on 2001-04-16 14:37 ]</font>
jturner
Regular Poster

Post by jturner »

It could be the colour settings on my monitor, but the white text on the grey and green (beside the series of little icons with each message) is pretty much unreadable.

Jason Turner

Greg replies: Nope- it's not your colour settings- that text is pretty much unreadable. I'll be modifying those .gifs when I can.

And edits again: Fixed those, now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg Stephens on 2001-04-18 03:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg Stephens on 2001-04-21 00:26 ]</font>
John2two
Regular Poster

Post by John2two »

This morning when I posted my new start to the requirements thread, the url BBcodes did not parse correctly. I used four links that I'm pretty sure were all submitted in the same way. The parser appeared to recognize the opening tag of the first and third links, and the closing tag of the second and fourth links. The net effect was that the first and third links were unusable while the second and fourth links worked.

Tres weird, n'est ce pas?

In the first and third links, the parser didn't appear to recognize the 'http://' part of the url, so it prepended a second 'http://'. I should have saved the text it generated to send to you, but didn't think of that until just now.

The !-- bbcode u2 tags were weird. The start tags were at the beginning of the first and third links, and the end tags were after the second and fourth links.

I ended up just ripping out the bbcode and rewriting the links as html.

I'm not sure what you can do from such a fragmented error report (that doesn't include a true sample of the offending output). But I figured you'd want to hear about it, at least.

John