FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
I will never eat at Quizno's again. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: PostIs Scott the new Waldo? Next: PostJohn Byrne, Webcartoonist?  
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who've never had a White Castle hamburger, you don't know what you're missing. First of all, they're very small. You've got to eat at least a half-dozen of them just to be satisfied. Their age old slogan is "buy 'em by the sack." It also helps if you chase them with fries and onion rings.

The patties have five holes in them, like the dots on a die. They're steam grilled on a bed of sliced and diced bits of onion. Then they put the little patty on a little bun and cover it with the afore mentioned onion bits, ketchup, and a ruffle sliced pickle. I usually tell them to hold the pickle, though sometimes the bozos working there put the pickle on anyway. I also notice that latlely they've been skimping on the ketchup, and even sometimes the onion bits. Of course, it depends on which location you go to.

The most remarkable thing about these little Murder Burgers (aka Belly Bombers) is that they stay with you for a few days, especially the onion part. White Castle used to have a slogan "The Taste Some People Can't Live Without". The weren't kidding. After you've had a sack of 'em, you can't get away from the taste...or the smell. Every time you burp, you'll taste those onions. And the rest of you're bodily functions will smell like onions, too.

Ah, but it's worth it.
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to tell them that White Castle is open 24/7 and that the best time to go is in the middle of the night.
Nothing like hangin out with the freaks and weirdos at the local White Castle at three in the morning after a bender. Two dozen or so sliders, and a debate between the purple-spike-mohawk and the dirty shirtless man about why world has gone to hell, you start to sober up.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why we usually use the drive thu; despite what Joe Pesci says in "Lethal Weapon 2"
menachim begin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: you guys are idiots Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
it's not that you "sellout" or make it by getting a high paying corporate gig it's who you decide to get in bed with. Joel V. just made a bad decision in choosing Quizno's.
you can make money with talent and help not facilitate more enviornment damage and poor eating habits.

bad on you Joel. shame.

U gotta be kiddin me on the environment and eating habits crap
WeLoveTheSubs1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: psshhh spongemonkeys are hot Reply with quote

what are you all thinking.. that is so creative!! i eat quiznos all the time.. heeeccckkkk yeeaaahhhhh [/i]
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you can listen to a radio item about online animation, featuring discussion about everyone's favorite spongemonkeys.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did Menachim Begin posting here? Who's next? Golda Meir? Anwar Sadat?
sp_pt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Reply with quote

Alright people! Grow up! It's a freaking commercial. There are things on TV so much worse than the Quizno's sponge monkeys. I personally, and everyone else I've talked to find the commercial hilarious.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really very amusing to me how many posts we have like the one above. If this keeps up, I'm going to be able to set my watch by these guys.
William G
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, with the level of their inablity to read you'd think it was the same person over and over again, trolling.

OR

AOL got some new users recently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Alright people! Grow up! It's a freaking commercial. There are things on TV so much worse than the Quizno's sponge monkeys. I personally, and everyone else I've talked to find the commercial hilarious.
I agree, if by "hilarious" you mean "annoying" or possibly "gives me the urge to find a gun and shoot the TV."
William G
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
I agree, if by "hilarious" you mean "annoying" or possibly "gives me the urge to find a gun and shoot the TV."

HAHAHAHA!

That is funny
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Let me guess...now, Elvis is checking in.
Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that this topic has brought so many anon posts. However, I must admit that I have been swayed by their eloquent arguments. I must now concur with their stated opinions and say

All you guys and stuff need to get over yerselfes and stuff and duh.

Tim

Tim Mallos' Comics and Stuff
William G
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ROTFOM cOO!!!1!

As they say...
Amerigo
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the NPR link ... heh
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spongemonkeys get political.
Amerigo
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent - now if it was just set to music and it somehow opposed Bush's campaign...
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amerigo wrote:
now if it was just set to music and it somehow opposed Bush's campaign...
Yeah, because only someone with the brains of a Spongemonkey would vote for Kerry.

The Spongemonkeys were for Bush before they were against him.
Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was I.

DavidMcG
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I hate McDonalds as much as the next guy, but White Castle makes the crap McDonalds sells look like gourmet hamburgers.

What they do is take a bun made of the lowest quality dough they could find (it's actually a dinner roll), add a paper thin slice of what I can only guess is beef, and top it off with not only ONE pickle, but also a whole squirt of ketchup! Maybe they have diced onions too. Whatever.
They seem to be all made ahead of time and frozen so that they can be microwaved. Maybe Rip Tanion's right and they're "steam grilled".
They might as well be microwaved, though.
If you've ever had the microwavable WhiteCastle burgers from the grocery store and wondered what the real thing is like, they're the exact same thing.

White Castle is the purest form of assembly-line food there is.

Last edited by DavidMcG on Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to disagree with just one point: The microwave White Castles have a 60 second halflife before the deflate and turn hard.

There is NOTHING like the taste of 4 or 5 White Castle hamburgers after waiting in the drive-through line for 45 minutes. Get a sack of onion chips while you're there.

Tim

Leibach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Babblmonkeys... Reply with quote

All you ridiculous people, with your high society art talk, make me sick. I can just imagine a room full of Janeane Garofalo's babbling about the true meaning of "Art" in modern society when I read most of these posts. You consider someone "selling out" because they expose their art to the world by way of corporate sponsorship? Get a life. I bet any one of you would cash a check if it had enough 0's on it, even if your so-called ART was just two blobs of paint on paper smeared by flabby and pale buttcheeks. You are all merchandise and the phrase of the day is "I'd buy that for a dollar!" because that's what most of your crap is worth. The Spongmonkeys own you all and jealousy reigns supreme to those who lack the creativity. Apply your makeup and don your party hats because the Evil Crab Party has just begun. Spongmonkeys are the new California Raisins, bitches.
Another Obnoxious Guest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Dummies Reply with quote

You R all dum. I came hear and red what a guy or whatever said and desided to post right a way.

I can't be bothered to take the time and effort needed to read the hole thread before blasting off my uninformed opinion.

I mean, some body prably already said something like whut I wrote, but I'm just going to say ALL you people are dum, cuz that's easiest. And stuff.

- Leibach's Smrt Freind
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: