Forum Colors

For reporting forum bugs, feature requests and the like.

Moderator: Moderators

William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

How fond are you of this green color?
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

It's been this color for some time. The light green is functional because it contrasts well with dark text. Back when I first did it, in 2002 sometime, I had tried various combinations, but settled on this because it's easy on the eyes.

If you're seeing this color scheme for the first time, I can only guess that your profile must have been set to the alternate template, which is the phpBB default- SubSilver. If you like that better, just go to your user profile and adjust the setting for Board Style.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

No, it's always been green for me. I was just assuming since you upgraded that you would have changed the look of the board as well.

But I agree with funtionality over fancy
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Re-styling the board would be a lot of work, especially to to well with consideration toward things like being readable without causing eyestrain, being small enough in the filesizes to both provide a swift download and not use too much of my bandwidth and, of course, include all the functionality.

I may do something with the next big upgrade, but for now, I'm just leaving it as-is.

If anyone's interested in seeing some other styles, check out the demo page over at phpBB.com. Just choose a style from the dropdown at the top of the page and see how they look. Some people have done some real nice work (but many are, in my opinion, too hard to read and too graphic-intensive for my particular tastes- I like web design that's as clean and simple as possible).
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.