new kid in town

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Post by Guest »

i'm new here,so i'm going to introduce myself.i'm an art fine student from malaysia.i'm in my final year majoring in DIGITAL ART(that's because there isn't an online comics course)
i'm going to make online comics for my major,you'll see me here alot.i would really appreciate any ,suggestions,thoughts,etc.on how i could best spend my final year.i have time to spare.....what would you do?THANKS in advance.
ming
Forum Member

Post by ming »

I'm replying myself!!
There was no name in the original post so i'm fixing that.this is me.
. m .
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Glad to have you joining the conversation! Since you're working on digital comics already, mind filling us in on what sort? Is there any place where we can see some of your work? What techniques are you exploring or most interested in exploring?
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
ming
Forum Member

Post by ming »

thanks for the reply greg,firstlet me say that i also belive the telivision is evil.i just started my school year, i have no work to show yet. i'm interested in studying the formlistic side of comics, layout style and art.(i will use short stories to do this)
i'm also going to produce an epic.i'll say more about this when i actually have somthing to show for it.
Merlin
Frequent Poster

Post by Merlin »

Out of interest, where in Malaysia are you? I was out in Kuala Lumpur earlier in the year, recruiting for the University of Hertfordshire.

If you're keen on digital comics and fancy studying abroad in England after you finish your degree, you might want to check out Hertfordshire's Digital Practices & Hyperfiction Masters degree - I've been doing this course for the last year, with digital comics being the main focus of my study (it's nice to know that, even if I can't get payed for my work, I can at least get accedemic credit).