The History of Webcomics

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Bed_Head
Forum Member

The History of Webcomics

Post by Bed_Head »

To begin with, I apologize for starting a thread without EVER ONCE posting here before. I've been lurking here for about a month, though. Does that count?

On to business... I've been trying (in vain) to research the history of webcomics. If anyone has any ideas, recollections or could lead me to a few web-sites that, thus far, I've been unable to locate, that would be wondeful. This curiosity is for purely selfish reasons; I'm hoping to add this history to my web-site (currently under...well I suppose "construction" is the word...is there anything that means "constuction that happens so slowly it appears to be deconstruction"?). Thank you all so much!

You'll find nothing of interest here - http://www.davehearn.net

-Dave
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I would start with T Campbell's excellent "History of Webcomics" over at Comixpedia, now running five parts long. He provides facts, links and commentary.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

And then my webcomic came out. The end result of millions of years of evolution. :wink:
Bed_Head
Forum Member

Post by Bed_Head »

Greg; Thank you for the fantastic links! My "Favorites" list just grew a foot. I had no idea the history of webcomics stretched so far back!

Congratulations on the completion of your 24 Hour Comic. I was watching your progress as long as I was awake.

William (or is it Willie G?); your site has become a weekly visit for me. I love the simple and elegant design. Nicely done. Good luck on the design for your ad-banner.

-Dave
"If you gotta sock 'em, sock 'em where they ain'ta gonna bleed."
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Bed_Head wrote:William (or is it Willie G?); your site has become a weekly visit for me. I love the simple and elegant design. Nicely done. Good luck on the design for your ad-banner.
Oh! So you're that other guy who visits my site... Thanks!

I'm tempted to start signing everything "Willie G" because it makes me sound like a delta blues singer... Or a member of the Black Panthers...
Bed_Head
Forum Member

Post by Bed_Head »

William G wrote: I'm tempted to start signing everything "Willie G" because it makes me sound like a delta blues singer...
How about Blind Willie G? Adds a bit more blues to your delta. As an added bonus, you would portray yourself as a blind person using visual language to communicate. Ah, irony... of course you run the risk of offending a blind person. Or a sensitive sighted person. Or just someone who feel like being offended.

Forget I said anything.

-Dave
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

Post by Kris Lachowski »

Bed_Head wrote:
William G wrote: I'm tempted to start signing everything "Willie G" because it makes me sound like a delta blues singer...
How about Blind Willie G? Adds a bit more blues to your delta. As an added bonus, you would portray yourself as a blind person using visual language to communicate. Ah, irony... of course you run the risk of offending a blind person. Or a sensitive sighted person. Or just someone who feel like being offended.

Forget I said anything.

-Dave
HOW DARE YOU!!! :x GRRR!!!
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Bed_Head wrote:
How about Blind Willie G? Adds a bit more blues to your delta.
Well, it would explain how it took me nearly two years to come up with a half-decent site design...