FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Whose mind is it anyway? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: Post2 BG News Columns about comics Next: Postdo you have flash installed  
zerofoks
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DecafSilicon wrote:
If anyone has an idea...

(Educated) Gentlemen?
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's still just one aspect of it.

My definition is still vague, so it's an "That phrase just doesn't fit the foggy idea in my mind" guessing game.

NEXT!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gees, Scott has done some wacky love stories of late.

In "Evil That Men Forget To Do", we have a sexy girl who hooks up with a little demon.

In "Walrus" we have a nerdy girl who hooks up with an aquatic mammal.

Now we have a crazy girl possibly hooking up with a crazy vagrant.

The question is now: Will the two of them go out on double date?
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And will they cheat on each other when they find the others have the same phone numbers?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
raezyr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DecafSilicon wrote:
Scott, you belong to a class of classy, down-to-earth experts who are also intellectuals... people like you, Clay Shirky, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, TMBG...educated and scholarly but relevant, cool (even in a geeky way) and not dry.

Perspicacious geek chic?
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rendering of Boston. Where are the rioting Patriot fans?
CleverUserName01
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Bean-town represent, yo... Reply with quote

Indeed, a lovely rendering of the ol' Hub, and well worth the wait. Brings back fond memories of the view of the city from atop the Bunker Hill Memorial (which beats the cityview from atop the Hancock or the Pru, 'fyask me).

And to answer Rip's question, since this particular city rendering is a flashback to pre-Hancock tower days, that places the Patriots as just another pathetic AFL team which rarely if ever gave its fans even the slimmest excuse for rioting... Just goes to show that the Good Ol' Days weren't necessarily that good (though a lot of Patriots fans wouldn't mind having ol' Pat Patriot back in favor of the current Flying Elvis).
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Perspicacious geek chic?

Geek chic! I love it! Can I use it?
Haze
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Scott saying before in the blog, saying he'd rather live with modern medicine and antibiotics than in the romantic "old days" of knights and castles. could these panels be a reference to that?
LeeshaJoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DecafSilicon wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Perspicacious geek chic?

Geek chic! I love it! Can I use it?

Unfortunately, it's been done.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears our shopping-cart schizo is a philosopher.

CleverUserName01 wrote:
And to answer Rip's question, since this particular city rendering is a flashback to pre-Hancock tower days, that places the Patriots as just another pathetic AFL team which rarely if ever gave its fans even the slimmest excuse for rioting... Just goes to show that the Good Ol' Days weren't necessarily that good (though a lot of Patriots fans wouldn't mind having ol' Pat Patriot back in favor of the current Flying Elvis).
Ah, I didn't know that minute-man, about to snap the ball, was called Pat Patriot. That had to have been the most detailed helmet logo in NFL history. I prefer it to the current version, also. Of course, they've won two Superbowl with those helmets, so that's something. My Giants haven't won anything since going back to the retro NY.

I don't know much about the history of Boston, except for all the Revolutionary War stuff, and the fact that the Red Sox haven't won a World Series since the Wilson administration, when Babe Ruth left the Fens become a New York Yankee. This explains why New Englanders go nuts on the rare occasions they get a championship in another sport, while we well behaved New Yorkers never riot over sporting events. (Yes, I own a BOSTON SUX t-shirt)

Babe
Bucky
Buckner
Boone

DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the word I wanted was "cognoscenti." The Italian flavor (which naturally comes with an Italian word) makes the word sound like a coffee bar menu item and not a description of the bar's patrons.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course, they've won two Superbowl with those helmets, so that's something. My Giants haven't won anything since going back to the retro NY.

Well, they did win the 2000 NFC Championship in the neo-retro unis, so that's something...

And the last championship the Beantown fans had celebrated before the 2001 Super Bowl win dates back to the Bird/McHale glory days of the Celtics in 1986. Not quite 1918, but long enough that fans were understandably giddy.

When the Sox finally do break through and win it all (yes, yes, right before the drastic mercury drop in Hell), then you'll see giddy. The fans will probably do exactly what Tom Brady joked about on Sunday and pull down the T.

Might even be enough to make them stop muttering, "I can't believe Grady left Pedro in..." for a few days...
Kachoudas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: accent Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering if the particular spelling of those characters is supposed to represent a specific accent from some place in the US or from some social class or just a particular prununciation of those characters ?

It is probably obvious, but I am not from native english background (France it is, sorry for those french haters here and there )

thanks

Jerome

PS : my apologies if that was already answered, I didn't found it.
Dr. Empirical
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His accent is clearly Boston, which makes sense considering that's where the story is set.

Hers is a bit harder to pin down. Possibly Jersey, but it could also indicate some sort of speech problem that's characteristic of patients taking certain antipsychotic drugs. Perhaps I'm reading too much into things, but Scott's work often has a lot more going on than is apparent at the surface, making it easy to over- or under-interpret.
Jimmy Ho
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Le petit tailleur Reply with quote

J?r?me,

I am a bit curious about your screen-name, Kachoudas. Did you take it from that 1947 short story by Simenon titled Le petit tailleur et le chapelier (if I recall correctly, it's been adapted in a movie with Charles Aznavour as the tailor and Michel Serrault as the "hatmaker"), if I may ask?

(Incidentally, the American version of the story won an Ellery Queen Award.)
Jimmy Ho
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Precision (FWIW) Reply with quote

Just googled it: the movie's called Les fant?mes du chapelier directed by Claude Chabrol (1982).
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, ladies, now you've gone and made them mad. I mean angry. He - I mean - they was - we mean - were already mad.

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
Of course, they've won two Superbowl with those helmets, so that's something. My Giants haven't won anything since going back to the retro NY.
Well, they did win the 2000 NFC Championship in the neo-retro unis, so that's something
Oy, don't remind me of that utter collapse against Baltimore in the Superbowl. Good Riddance to Jim Fossilized.

Quote:
When the Sox finally do break through and win it all
You'll see Sharon, Arafat, Bush, and Saddam all dancing the Hora together before that will happen.

Quote:
Might even be enough to make them stop muttering, "I can't believe Grady left Pedro in..." for a few days.
I hear Grady Little is moving next door to Bill Buckner, in the farthest place from New England you can get.

Doc Empirical wrote:
Possibly Jersey, but it could also indicate some sort of speech problem that's characteristic of patients taking certain antipsychotic drugs.
Or characteristic of someone who grew up in the mutating chemical fumes of Jersey. PU.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story is so sweet. ::

Or, sorry. Was that off-topic?

~Axord
Lazman Hazair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip Tanion wrote:
Or characteristic of someone who grew up in the mutating chemical fumes of Jersey. PU.

P.U.? Princeton Univesity?
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, them donuts are starting to look pretty good, right about now.

Quote:
P.U.? Princeton Univesity?
It ain't Phelix Unger.
Connor Moran
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip Tanion wrote:
]I hear Grady Little is moving next door to Bill Buckner, in the farthest place from New England you can get.

I don't know if this is the farthest place from New England you can get, but next to Bill Buckner would put you in my home town of Boise, Idaho. Bill Buckner's daughter even went to my high school (she was one year ahead of me).

Appologies for this tangent to a tangent.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connor Moran wrote:
...next to Bill Buckner would put you in my home town of Boise, Idaho. Bill Buckner's daughter even went to my high school (she was one year ahead of me).
Hmmm, I was gonna make a "ball between the legs" joke, but I'll skip it. Poor Bill. I always thought he was unfairly goated by the Boston fans. If anyone on that team should have been the goat, it's Calvin Schiraldi. But as we say here in Yankeeland, they just can't do their math in Boston.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: And now, back to the comic. Reply with quote

Are these two...or four...going to kiss and make up?

Love is never having to say you're sorry.

Never apologize. It's a sign of weekness.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: