Credit Where Credit Is Due

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

L Jonte
Regular Poster

Credit Where Credit Is Due

Post by L Jonte »

Forgive me if this is inappropriate, but I felt the need to reprint this post I made at the Sequential Tart boards.

The last year and a half for me have been? challenging. A lot has happened to make my working life difficult if not damned near impossible. I?ve realized before (and realized again today) that I really would not have a place in this industry without the many, many wonderful people I have met along the way. Thanks to those friends I have a career. I mean that literally. I could not possibly do what I do without the support, encouragement, assistance and friendship they have shown me since I began.

In particular, I would like to thank the following people?

Lea Hernandez
True friend, confidant, mentor and all ?round decent human being. You gave me a home at GirlAMatic when you didn?t have too and have allowed me much latitude in balancing my commitments there and my commitments at home. For script readings, reality checks, bitch sessions, ego boosts, advice, late-night guffaws and so much more, I thank you. You?re a force of nature baby, and I wouldn?t have you any other way.

Loran Gayton
My first friend in comics and the best one a scaredy-cat newbie could ask for. You don?t get nearly enough credit for the good that you do. I thank you.

My Sister Tarts
For more than two years you gave me a home and a voice in this industry. For supporting my efforts, tolerating my tantrums and allowing me to ?always be a Tart? even now that I?ve moved on to other things, I thank you.

Joey Manley
For creating Modern Tales, its sister sites and myriad things beyond, you sir are a grand Magician indeed. I am proud to be a part of the magic you make.

My fellow GirlAMatic-ers and the extended family of Modern Tales
Professionals and friends, one and all, I thank you.

Gail Simone, Carla Speed McNeil, Rachel Hartman, Layla Lawlor, Pam Bliss, Jane Irwin, Jen Contino, Spike, Dylan Meconis, Jimmy Robinson and Barb Lein
My cheerleaders, my heroes, my friends, I thank you.

mpMann and Tracy Williams
Arcana Jayne would be nowhere right now without you two. For jumping in when my ship was sinking and stopping up the leaks, I thank you.

Jon ?Bean? Hastings and Radio Comix
For giving me platforms to show my wares to the world, I thank you.

Every one else
For reading my work, pointing out where I messed up or patting me on the back where I did right, I thank you. For coaching me in French and Spanish so that my characters look worldly rather than laughable, I thank you. For a thousand other things, large and small I thank you.

If there is anyone whom I?ve neglected to mention, forgive me. I ask that you blame my faulty memory rather than ingratitude. I thank you.
Lisa Renee Jonté
Artist, Writer, Flibbertigibbet
Arcanum Visual
GirlAMatic.com