FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Micropayment Success?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Webcomics: COMMERCE
Previous: PostStarting a new site? Next: PostWired News on webcomics  
benkrok

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Micropayment success? Reply with quote

Hi there Scott,
I hope you don't think I'm being to nosy, but I'm extremely curious in hearing whether or not cartoonists (and specifically you) are happy with the cash flow coming in via BitPass. No actual numbers, just rough estimates as to whether you think it's a potential success (or whether it already is a success). I think it's a fantastic idea and I'm real interested in learning whether this is actually a financially viable method of distributing comics
If there's already a discussion thread along these lines, just point me in that direction.
Thanks,
Ben
Scott McCloud
The one and only

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, the numbers are still pretty modest, but that's to be expected. We're asking people to make a huge leap of faith into an unknown type of commerce. One by one, they're doing it, but it'll take a bit longer to become "normalized."

As of today (January 21, '04) total sales of Part One of "The Right Number" are at 2,181 "copies."

Part Two has sold 519 in the first 6 days, so it's on track to match Part One over the next few months.

BitPass just opened its doors recently for anyone who wants to become a seller. If some of the more popular online comics decide to give it a whirl in the coming months things could become very interesting very fast, but we'll see.
jamenw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: micropayments Reply with quote

Millipay.com is starting to catch a few eyes letely.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Webcomics: COMMERCE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: