I will never eat at Quizno's again.

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Re: Babblmonkeys...

Post by Greg Stephens »

Leibach wrote: Spongmonkeys are the new California Raisins, bitches.
Yeah, well, those Raisins sold out, too.

Problem with being the new California Raisins is the same as any flash-in-the-pan: You think you're the new Tony Tiger or Michelin Man, but you're just another Spuds Mackenzie
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
ILLINFOMRED

Post by ILLINFOMRED »

Look what happened to that poor little mexican taco bell dog. They yanked him off the air by his collar when the PC Police found out that he, although surely "ART" of his creator, caused offense to a minority (insert "small group" here) popluation.

Who sold out there?!?!
BBrucker2
Forum Member

The Taco Bell Dog

Post by BBrucker2 »

The ironic thing about the Taco Bell dog being pulled for supposedly being offensive is that it really wasn't. I used to have a clipped article from Lowrider Magazine that claimed that the chihuahua was the most inspired thing that Taco Bell had ever done, and sure beat the previous "Make a run for the border!" campaign in quality, entertainment value and relative possible offensiveness to Mexican culture.
-BRUCKER
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

Taco Bell is offensive to my tate buds, and my digestive system. Make a run for the bathroom!
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)

Post by Guest »

Leibach wrote:All you ridiculous people, with your high society art talk, make me sick. I can just imagine a room full of Janeane Garofalo's babbling about the true meaning of "Art" in modern society when I read most of these posts.
They're talking about eating at White Castle. I don't think you're reading their posts correctly.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Leibach wrote:babbling
Sometimes you need to hunt a little bit for the truth...
DecafSilicon
Consistant Poster

Post by DecafSilicon »

If you just joke around, someone yells that you're acting like kids and they want a bit of respectable conversation. You start talking craft (and come on, we're not getting over anyone's head here), and someone calls you ivory-tower intellectuals.

As if "intellectual" should be a bad word.

Pisses me off, man, pisses me off. If you don't like people, go buy a Hot Topic t-shirt that expresses your philosophy and stay the hell out of our forums.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Now, I realize that you've been surrounded by extraordinary gentlemen such as ourselves for quite a long time, Decaf...

So I fear that you may have forgotten the fact that the internet is filled to the rim with people who should not be allowed outside without supervision, let alone have access to a method of mass communication like this.

The web has clearly shown us that the democratic ideal of everyone being able to voice their opinions isn't always a good thing.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

"The Internet has given everybody in America a voice. For some reason, everybody decides to use that voice to bitch about movies." - Kevin "Sell-out" Smith.

(I'm just going to call everyone a "sell-out" from this point forward. It's easier that way.)
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Amerigo
Regular Poster

Post by Amerigo »

I laughed out loud at "Only someone with the brain of a spongemonkey would vote for Kerry" - yeah, he isn't very lovable is he?
Then again, I tend to vote against the one proven to run things into the ground, so I may be a spongemonkey this Fall - Bush should run the cartoon as a campaign ad though, it might help to change/soften my opinion, better than 9/11 ads anyway - heh

David - I don't know why I love White Castles, it isn't rational I know and they do strange things to the intestines but...just...so...damn...good...
I can't help myself - Maybe they put crack in the mystery meat? Who knows... The fresh ones are the only ones I like though - don't fall into the trap of eating the frozen ones - they are NOT the same...
Maybe because they're 'pure' 8)

I think maybe everyone was too hard on poor Leibach(although that was one embarrassing post). I mean, did he just say that we are high society, that we know art talk, and then liken us to celebrities? Yes Leibach, it's true, we are all these things and MORE.... Although, I am not sure how fictional ads can 'own' anything, if any ad could, it would indeed be our beloved monkeys(they got a pepper barr!!)
I want more criticism like this... (next time, don't eat the worm at the bottom of that bottle bro)

Smith's philosophy! Did you read that Playboy interview with Kevin Smith? It was enlightening about his recent movies...

This posting is making me hungry...where's the nearest Quizno's I wonder?
"One should not wish for the removal of mountains of adversity, but for the courage to climb them."
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Amerigo wrote:I think maybe everyone was too hard on poor Leibach(although that was one embarrassing post). I mean, did he just say that we are high society, that we know art talk, and then liken us to celebrities? Yes Leibach, it's true, we are all these things and MORE....
You forgot to mention how we're all sleeping on beds made of money, with many beautiful women.
Nino Prita

Post by Nino Prita »

Maybe the Dems should scrap Kerry and put the Spongemonkeys on the ticket. They seem more appealing.
spinclad
Forum Member

Post by spinclad »

Amerigo wrote:Yes Leibach, it's true, we are all these things and MORE....
Just last week out hobnobbing with Congersman Frog we remarked how much better seegars taste lit with hundred-dollar bills.
This posting is making me hungry...where's the nearest Quizno's I wonder?
Here in Coolidge Corner, just opened. (Took over the space of a fine little shop, the Daily Bread, now sorely missed. Their olive rye was a treat.)
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

This is kinda off topic but since we were talking about White Castle earlier:
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle

Is the business selling out to the art?
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Post by Rip Tanion »

So are they saying that White Castle is the favorite of young, ethnic potheads, who can't get laid?
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)
Amerigo
Regular Poster

Post by Amerigo »

Hey! We get laid!!

heh - I thought it was funny, but was under the impression that the stereotype was people with one too many drinks in their system who eat there when everything else is closed...
"One should not wish for the removal of mountains of adversity, but for the courage to climb them."
windsweeper

Post by windsweeper »