writer looking for artist for a pitch

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

gotgame
Regular Poster

writer looking for artist for a pitch

Post by gotgame »

Looking for a committed long term artist for a mini series that could hopefully become an ongoing series. I have a four issue arc planned for the mini and the first script is completed. here are the details

ALL PAYMENT WILL BE BACK IN

TITLE Land of Legends
by Emanuel Poitevien

BASIC CONCEPT
: A man whose teleported to a land where legends throughout history rein and fight for supremacy, they have no knowledge of how they got here to them this is always been their lives. This is them at their peak to answer an age-old question who’s the greatest legend of them all? George Washington, Spartacus, Hitler, Nobunaga Oda, Julius Caesar, Attila the Hun, Leonardo da Vinci, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Alexander the great, and much more.

TARGET AUDIENCE: Fans a game of thrones, Lord of the rings, world history, and Spartacus blood and Sands.

MARKETING HOOK: Ever feel like an outsider. Ever feel lost in a world you believe you understand only to find out you know less than nothing. Stuck in a world that makes you feel inferior, surrounded by people you know have quite literally changed the world. Ever wondering why you’re here, why you deserve to be among them. You just feel so out of place so lost.

HIGH CONCEPT: A cross between Game of Thrones and Spartacus blood and Sands.

THE MAIN CHARACTER/S: A soldier from our world he will be referred to as the Traveler. He has traveled to the land of legends without any knowledge of his own history. His name, his family, his friends gone, but he remembers everything else, his training, the things he learned in school, even how to tie his shoes, and how to survive. The true test is when he comes across these legends he can’t help but feel small and that is his greatest weakness.

THE SUPPORTING CHARACTERS: Leonardo da Vinci, George Washington, Albert
Einstein, Julius Caesar, Spartacus, “King Arthur�, Bruce Lee.

POWERS: Magic does exist in the world but our main character does not possess any supernatural abilities. His true strength comes from the fact that he knows history, he knows how
these legends came into power and how they lost it and he wields that knowledge like a sword.

LOCATION: The setting will change from America to Rome, to England, to Germany, to Japan, to China. All the landmasses on earth will be connected no oceans between them.

FIRST STORY: The first story will be a four issue run roughly 22 pages each, it will focus on the traveler in what seems to be colonial America, in the middle of a conflict between the whites the blacks and the Native Americans about slavery. This war has been going on for quite some
time but has been held in check because of more pressing matters aka England. Thanks to the ongoing threat of an attack from the English and the refusal to allow them to take America all sides are forced to work together despite their differences. It is the arrival of the traveler that
sparks change. The last time a traveler came to the world it was changed forever and Arthur took over making England the number one power in the world, and now the arrival of a new traveler makes all parties involved believe that whoever side he’s on will rule America and eventually the
world. This leads to an assassination plot the problem is who would it be Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King Jr. the traveler can only save one. As The Traveler is forced to navigate his way throughout an America in the midst of slavery, avoiding the wrath of George Washington
who is trying to maintain the peace by eliminating the traveler. He believes the traveler will only bring death and chaos and must destroy him before it’s too late. As Spartacus feel the exact opposite he believes that the chaos Washington speaks of is true change and only the traveler can
give us that, and if that means blood then let there be blood.

VILLAINS:
The true villain of this arc will be bigotry, hatred, fear and distrust but the traveler will have to make his way through Washington, and Spartacus, as well as Malcolm X., and Andrew Jackson.

STORY ENGINES: The traveler is the plot device of the story. His presence is believed to be the instrument of change. Before his arrival the world was at a standstill everyone wanted to fight but no one could. Death itself was impossible to achieve, but no one is aware of this fact.
The last time a traveler came to the world King Arthur used that opportunity to take it over now Spartacus and others wish to do the same with this new traveler.

MELODRAMA: The eternal conflict of the traveler is trying to understand and or come to grips with the fact that he is in a world among legends. And whoever controls him can change destiny for themselves. He sees them all living their lives realizing he has no idea what kind of life he
had, what kind of man he was and he can’t help but wonder.

ORIGIN: The traveler was a college history major who after seeing a terrible terrorist attack decides to join the military in hopes of making a difference, and he did. He saved the world from a nuclear holocaust at the cost of his own life. But he obtained the information from a being that
had no business giving it to him changing fate as we know it. This puts the beings in a difficult position, is he a legend of his own accord or there’s? The only way to know for sure is to let him prove himself. Send him to a land where legends rule and let’s see what kind of man he is.

reply for more info or email me carlmia305@gmail.com

Thanks for your time

-Emanuel
Last edited by gotgame on Sun May 29, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotgame
Regular Poster

Post by gotgame »

I currently have a indie publisher interested but would like to see 5 pages of sequential art from the comic before we can move forward
franmoyano
Forum Member

Post by franmoyano »

Hi

I'm comic artist whit 8 year of experience.

I can make 4-5 pages per week

I have published two graphic novels in devil 's due ( starlees night and elminster in the magefair )

I have also published the graphic novel Corrective measure for Arcana comic book.

For APE Entertaiment I worked at the graphic novel celebrity zombie killer with script of Rick Coop. ( published with Mikahil Drujic's pseudonym )

For IDW I made out the art of the graphic novel Gateway created by Joe Halpin.

I have also works for Dynamite, Top secret press, and I have been tested several times for Marvel and DC.