24 MINUTE comics

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

There is that old saying ... in Michigan there are only two seasons. Winter and construction. Anyhow, if you are going to be in Michigan next weekend, Michigan Web Comics is meeting in Brighton. We would love to have you come.

About your 24 minute comic .. I love it! I have a little daughter now and it is so odd that I am watching this show that I used to watch as a toddler. Can you believe that Sesame Street is 35 years and still strong? In fact, I just drew a 24 minute comic last Wednesday with Elmo in it. I am posting it the 14th. Good job on your comic!
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

losttoy wrote:There is that old saying ... in Michigan there are only two seasons. Winter and construction.
Cool, we have something similar here in Nova Scotia- "..winter and road work"
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

Thanks for the invite, next time I go to Michigan I?ll try to schedule it around the day of your meeting. We're up there 3 or 4 times a year.

WOW 35 years! I wonder how those Muppets keep their youthful appearance?
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

God ... I am going to be busy forever. I have had to work on cooridinating Comic Awareness Week, plan for Ann Arbor Book Festival, plan the Michigan Web Comics meeting, design and post fliers for my wife, not to mention all my real life duties with groceries, taking care of my daughter, pay bill, etc. I still have to make a flier for AABF, do a design for Raymond's new site, do a guest comic for a fellow web artist, create an ebay page, completely rework my resume and portfolio, and somehow come up with enough money to pay the mortage. Everytime I take some items off my todo list, more just jump aboard. (sigh)

Why I am whining about this here is because my current 24 minute comic was 2 days late. I'm sorry. My wife really likes this one. Enjoy!

http://www.geocities.com/da24minute
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

When I started these 24 Minute Comics, I wanted to post it on a weekly schedule on Wednesdays. It looks like it is turning out to be posted whenever I got the time. Anyways, the newest 24 Minute Comic is up. I do not have any other completed comics waiting to be posted; when I had started I already had four completed before posting to have a ready supply without having to worry about deadlines. What I am going to do now in regards to a posting schedule, I do not know.

The question I ask now, of the seven I have posted to this date, which one is your favorite and why?
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

Post by Kris Lachowski »

I like that caricature you drew of yourself. Very good whether it was a 24 minute comic or not.
russ
Regular Poster

24-minute 24-panel comics!

Post by russ »

Inspired by watching the 24-hour 24-page comic event at a local comic store, I decided to do a 24-minute 24-panel 1-page comic suddenly late last night, with no planning ahead and no idea what I'd draw...
http://www.kofightclub.com/d/20040426.html
Fun silly adrenalin buzz! No more than a minute per tiny panel doesn't leave much time for thinking or quality. :)

(crossposted from another thread since I didn't know there was already a 24-minute comic thread until Greg mentioned it...)
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Why dont we have a little 24minute Comics Day? We can work something out with Comixpedia to act as the mouthpiece for it
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

Cool comic Russ