FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
log out problems
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Forum Forum
Previous: PostArrgghhhh!! Next: PostPossible Login problem or "sessio...  
kaos_de_moria
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: log out problems Reply with quote

since the new version i seem to log out all the time/not log in automatically. i use a macos x system with safari 1.0 v85.7. i'd be happy about some hints how to fix the bug.

kaos
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try clearing your cookies (or at least those with zwol.org or www.zwol.org domains). I've changed the name of the cookie it sends as of this morning to make it less generic (because even though domain name is a factor, I was wondering if a more specific cookie name might help), so I think people will see a need to re-login the next time they visit. I've also cleared the sessions table in the database, so everybody will have to re-login as of today.

Also, so far as cookies are concerned, there is a difference between when you're visiting "zwol.org" and "www.zwol.org" so this may cause the need to login multiple times as well, depending on what links you follow (automatically generated ones or hand-coded ones- This is something that just occurred to me today, since to visit the site I'll ususally type in "zwol.org/forum" but my bookmark is "www.zwol.org/forum").
William G
Reinvents understanding

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occasionally, when I click the logout button, it simply reloads the main page.... but I'm still logged in!

Greg, do you miss me that much?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Forum Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: