Arrgghhhh!!

For reporting forum bugs, feature requests and the like.

Moderator: Moderators

BuckBeaver
Frequent Poster

Arrgghhhh!!

Post by BuckBeaver »

I love this board, I really do.

Except for one little thing - maybe someone can help me figure this out.

I cannot stay logged in here. It's very annoying. I have to manually log in each time I visit if I want to post no matter how many times I check the "Remember' box at the login screen. Lately I've been automatically logged out after making a post. It's very annoying.

I use a lot of boards including several run on phpBB and don't have this problem with them. I've checked my browser settings and they all seem to be correct so there shouldn't be a problem with cookies or anything like that.

Am I doing something wrong? Does this happen to anyone else?
Check out my NEW blog - PuppetVision
Retro-style puppet film and video goodness, delivered fresh to your computer each day!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yes, it happens to other people, so you're not alone. It's not something that happens to me, though, so it's difficult to research, since I can't reproduce the problem. I am trying adjusting settings in the forum to alleviate the problem, but can't be sure I'm not creating new problems for other people. Let me know if anything changes for you over the next few days.

Please: Try clearing your browser of cookies for zwol.org and for www.zwol.org, then closing the browser and log in again.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
BuckBeaver
Frequent Poster

Post by BuckBeaver »

It's the oddest thing, this time when I came here I was automatically logged in. I haven't changed anything so not sure why it worked this time. It'll be interesting to see if it works again next time. Glad I am not the only one.

Thanks for the reply Greg. I'm really curious as to what causes this (please let me know if you figure it out) since it looks like I'll be using phpBB on my site soon.

Thanks again!
Retro-style puppet film and video goodness, delivered fresh to your computer each day!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I'm still experimenting with settings. Please see this thread and follow the instructions. I'm trying to isolate which setting is the main culprit.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
BuckBeaver
Frequent Poster

Post by BuckBeaver »

I automatically logged in again. Yay for cookies! :D

Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right.