FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
NON-Flash "version" of Mimi's Last Coffee
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv
Previous: PostWhat is the Scott McCloud? Next: Post2 BG News Columns about comics  
Scott McCloud
The one and only

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: NON-Flash "version" of Mimi's Last Coffee Reply with quote

Here's a Non-Flash version of the panels from Mimi's Last Coffee for those of you who can't (or would rather not) install the plug-in. A bit half-baked, but I hope it helps.
pege
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: NON-Flash "version" of Mimi's Last Coffee Reply with quote

Scott McCloud wrote:
Here's a Non-Flash version of the panels from Mimi's Last Coffee for those of you who can't (or would rather not) install the plug-in. A bit half-baked, but I hope it helps.

Thanks a lot!

I am from the "would rather not" fraction (Flash is a proprietary non-standard), but I also know some people from the "can't" fraction.

Having one big HTML table with a lot of placeholders is perfectly okay for me. (BTW, AFAICT from the bandwidth discussion, it loads much faster than the Flash version. )

Is there any difference in principle between the Flash and the non-Flash version I should keep in mind when reading the story?
Scott McCloud
The one and only

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge difference.

The Flash version will be a muti-directional branching comic. The html will just be the panels as I upload them. Some transitions won't make sense in the html. I might eventually put the html in a mirroring table layout but I can't do that until it's all done, cause I don't know what the layout is yet! (Hence the "improv" part of the morning improv

The Flash file, btw, is currently at 40k total. Hardly a slow load yet, I would think.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Morning Improv All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: