Slight forum modifications

For reporting forum bugs, feature requests and the like.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Regular visitors have probably noticed the slight changes to the header area of the forums- I took the time to make the forum design more consistant with the rest of my site design and more tightly integrated with the other pages. I'm sure this matters more to me than anyone else, but I'm happy about it. :smile:

At any rate, everything should be functioning normally, but drop a reply in this thread if you see anything amiss.

I'm also cleaning up some of the behind-the-scenes functioning of the forums, including working on a more convenient method of storing your login ID/Password so that you don't have to log in each and every day you visit (at least, when you want to post).

Also (if was suggested to me) I'll see about making it so that when you reply to a multi-page post, you're forwarded to the last page of the topic rather than the first.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Scott McCloud
The one and only

Post by Scott McCloud »

I do have one suggestion, Greg, if it's not too much trouble.

When saving threads, the window title becomes the document's title. For some reason, the Subjects haven't been showing up in the title bar lately (just the default title "zwol.org Forums"), requiring us to manually type in the title of the thread.

The design is great btw. Thank you for creating and maintaining this forum!
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Good suggestion, if I take your meaning correctly- How does it look now?
John2two
Regular Poster

Post by John2two »

Better, thanks!

I was noticing the same thing SM asked about, but it'd hit me when I had 18 different "zwol.org Forum" windows open on my screen at once. I'd get confused!

I like the new art. Looks better than those ungainly black boxes. If this is the kind of service we get, we should let you take hiatus more often!

John
M
Forum Member

Post by M »

Ah! And with the header you've added several links back to the zwol.org index page. Thanks for enabling my laziness-- no more typing the URL in the address bar for me! :smile:

--M
Scott McCloud
The one and only

Post by Scott McCloud »

Looking great, Greg. Thank you.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Replying to a multi-page post should now return you to the last page of the post rather than the first page of the post.