I'm seeking a colorist for a collaboration

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

nefertiti
Forum Member

I'm seeking a colorist for a collaboration

Post by nefertiti »

Hello everybody.
I'm a french newcomer in this nice site and as you can see, I'm not really good to make a draw in color. That's the reason I'm seeking an available colorist with good skills to work with me.
I've posted a draw to show you what my style is.
I'm waiting for your mails.
See you and sorry for my mistakes.
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

If that was you who colored the illustration, you are a decent enough colorist as it is. I would suggest not going too light on the highlights, but other wise it is good. What kind of look are you looking for that is different from what you got? If you want, I take a blacck and white piece and ccolor it and see if you like it ...

Any colorist there??

Post by Guest »

I've made this illustration in color but I'm not honestly glad of what I did.
Actually, I need a colorist because I do the the graphic and the script and it's too much works for me if I have to color as well. I'm interested to see what you're abble to do and I would like to see it as you've proposed me.
See you.
Image[/url]
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

nefertiti, your e-mail on the picture does not work. I got a failed delivery message.

My idea was for you to e-mail me (at dalosttoy@yahoo.com) a black and white art and have me color it. Since most of my samples on my web site are not in color, however I do quite a bit in painting and color work. If you like the job I do, we will talk colaboration, if not then it is no loss.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Just from the samples I saw, you don't need a colorist.

And even without color, your figures have enough line depth to not need it.
losttoy
Understands reinventing

Post by losttoy »

William G wrote:Just from the samples I saw, you don't need a colorist. And even without color, your figures have enough line depth to not need it.
I agree ... although I think he concern is that it takes him too long to color a page. Most professional comic artists have a monthly deadline, so that is why there is a seperate person for penciler, inker, letterer and colorist. Frankly, I think he should color his own work because it will be closer to the original artistic vision, however there is always something to say about having a colaboration. Sometimes two heads can be better then one. Of course too many cooks spoil the broth. So let's see.