Comment on Comics feature?

Discuss the Zwol comic. (Random yammering also allowed.)

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

I'm considering adding a feature to the site that would allow people to comment directly on the comics. This would use your forum login and also allow anonymous posting (probably use BBCode, but no HTML). Comments could be viewed in the archive but the default mode would be comments off.

What do you think?
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
John2two
Regular Poster

Post by John2two »

I doubt I would use such a feature. I can't speak for others.

If I understand you, it would be similar to the discussion threads attached to individual strips at UserFriendly. At times UF has changed their site design so that when you went into the archives it opened by default into the view that included the header tree for the discussion threads. It drove me crazy until I found the preferences setting so that my cookie would steer things to the view without the threads.

My $0.02, John
Max Leibman
Consistant Poster

Post by Max Leibman »

I would definitely make use of such a feature, and I'd probably cruise the archives more often if it were included.

As for this:

<blockquote><i>Comments could be viewed in the archive but the default mode would be comments off.</i></blockquote>

Probably not a bad idea -- why clutter the screen and slow the download (even by a little) for the people who don't care? I would suggest, though, at a very mimimum including a clear, obvious link to turn the comments-view "ON" and an indicator of how many comments each strip has that appears whether comments are on or off.

Peace out,

Max Leibman