Another New Kid on Town

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

SirFlakey
Forum Member

Post by SirFlakey »

Hi, long time listener first time caller (I always wanted to say that). Thought I'd say hi to people. By trade I am a network engineer but by nights I 'toon =), and post them online on my site (<a href="http://www.core.org.au/cartoons.php">CORE</a>). <a href="http://www.core.org.au/cartoons/qb-100.gif">#100</a> is "Scott inspired" =).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirFlakey on 2001-08-28 18:25 ]</font>
Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

Post by Tim Mallos »

Welcome!
SirFlakey
Forum Member

Post by SirFlakey »

Finally finsihed reading Reinventing Comics last night =). There should be enough in those books to fill a PHD course or two =).

Incidentally anyone experiment with Corel(fractal) Painter ? ..
rcar
Consistant Poster

Post by rcar »

I 've done a little work with painter. What would you like to know?

Randy
lylebclarke
Frequent Poster

Post by lylebclarke »

I love my version of Painter (MetaCreations), but I've lost the CD and now that I've had to reinstall my computer I don't ahve it anymore. A real pity, it is absolutely brilliant.
SirFlakey
Forum Member

Post by SirFlakey »

It's not so much what I would like to know but rather that i am surprised not more people are using it =). I mean, even the "dabbler/Classic" version that ships with wacom tablets should be nice and suitable for toons.
rcar
Consistant Poster

Post by rcar »

That's the version I have, classic. It did come with my tablet. However, I just can't get the right feel drawing with the tablet. I keep trying because it would be a great time saver, but I'm not happy with my results. I use the tablet to color my comics once I scan them in, but I use photoshop for that.

Randy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rcar on 2001-08-31 08:44 ]</font>
Tim Mallos
Understands reinventing

Post by Tim Mallos »

I really like painter, but I find it harder to produce exactly what I want than working in Photoshop for coloring.

I think the issue, for me, is that Painter is TOO true to the behavior of real media. I am working my way throuh learning pastels, charcoal, water color, colored pencil etc. in the real world. I've found that painter is getting easier for me as I play with things in the real world too.