FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
World Trade Center
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Zwol forum
Previous: PostFrom the "Latest Word"... Next: PostComment on Comics feature?  
Wikkit
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done, Greg.

Tragedies bring out the best and worse in people.
megazone27
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one thing about the human race. As a species we've got range!
Max Leibman
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the World Trade Center attack in Greg's comics, I notice the tone of the comments in today's "Latest Word" section sound a little defensive -- Greg, are you taking flack from anyone, directly or indirectly, for dealing with this within the comic? Or, are there threads running on boards somewhere about how comics should/shouldn't steer clear of the tragedy? (That would qualify as "indirectly taking flack," in case any of you were wondering what I meant above.)

Peace out,

Max Leibman

[Edited because I damn well felt like it.]

[ This Message was edited by: Max Leibman on 2001-09-18 15:55 ]
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had only positive feedback thus far. The tone may have come across as defensive partially because it's wearying to find the words to discuss the topic but probably mostly because I was in a sour mood at the time.

However, based on my own reactions to and interest in last Tuesday's events, I think that people may respond negatively to being exposed to the subject in places where they would not expect it-- Such as webcomics. I've been reading a lot of news and commentary about it, as well as seeking out new photos, but if I start reading an aticle on an entirely different subject, it feels to me like I'm being hit on the head, as every single article in the newspaper makes reference to the attacks, the destruction and the lives lost. It's all a bit much. I expect that people might be turned off if they're in the middle of reading some internet comics and they bump into Zwol and a harsh reminder of the times in which we live.

At any rate, I'm just going to be documenting my current state of mind (as always) and hope people don't mind.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Zwol forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: