100 hour comic for charity - how much should it be?

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Bezman
Forum Member

100 hour comic for charity - how much should it be?

Post by Bezman »

Heya.

I finished what I believe is the longest 'page per hour' comic ever and was hoping to show it to those who donate.

I'm selling it via BitPass but was unsure how much I should charge. Remember that all money which enters the BitPass account I set up will be sent to Unicef - this is for a good cause.

I was initially thinking of maybe asking people to donate 50c + however much more they wanted, but am currently thinking of asking for $3 or something like that, seeing as that would be the 'price' for some people anyway.

I just wanted to ask what others thought and so reactions and such would be very much appreciated.

In case you wonder, I was gonna scan at the library, but after many problems that way, am buying myself a scanner today. Might be up tomorrow.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Never demand a minimum price for chairity. Let people give what they feel is right.
Bezman
Forum Member

But.. that's impossible...

Post by Bezman »

So what are you suggesting?

That I let folk see it regardless and ask for donations?

Or that I let folk see it after a donation of any size?

In either case, there is still a minimum - of either 0c or 1c in each case respectively. And I almost fear that many would simply give that absolute minimum. After all, then they'd have almost no more reason to donate than had I not done this.

The point of my doing this was to provide another incentive for people to donate - it's not as if I'm demanding the payment. I'm just saying 'hey, donate some money! It's a good cause! And if you are able to donate X amount, I'll let you read this comic as a thank-you.