FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Are micropayments working?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Webcomics: COMMERCE
Previous: PostOnline Comics Worth 45 Billion Won Next: PostComics on Cell Phones  
Flag on the moon
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Are micropayments working? Reply with quote

You know, originally I was in support of micropayments. McCloud painted a plausable picture, and I stuck with it until I read that thing Shirkey wrote about how they'll never work. Then I said "well, there's no arguing with that." Everyone else plugged their ears and went la la la though, from what I recall.

I'm not really sure why I'm posting about this, I've never been what you'd call emotionally involved in it, the idea of micropayments doesn't FILL ME WITH RAGE or anything. I just find it vaguely annoying, like anything else that requires paying for.

I suppose I just never really got closure on the whole thing. Are micropayments dead, are they still floundering around like always, did they actually work and I just didn't notice? What's the deal?
Flag on the moon
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody?
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in all my questioning I haven't found anyone who is getting rich on micropayments, but from the stand point of a customer I've been very pleased with bitpass. It's very easy to use and I like being able to pay creators a little something for their comics.
Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good discussion on micropayments underway at the Comicon forum.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Webcomics: COMMERCE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: