It's About Girls #13

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

William G
Reinvents understanding

It's About Girls #13

Post by William G »

Well, another installment of that comic I do is up.

Feel free to go read it here;

http://www.thepersonunderthestairs.com/ ... index.html
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Re: It's About Girls #13

Post by Eric F Myers »

As always great job William. Your art is really getting better. You're putting a lot of effort it to these pages and it shows.
William G page 4 hidden comments wrote:It's actually taking me twice as long to clean up these pages as it is to color them. I'm going to play with my scanner to make it less sensitive to what is on my comic page. Or maybe I should erase better?
Have you tried to scan your art in greyscale and then using the threshold to clean up your pages? It might be quicker than whiting out bw scans.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Well, my pencils are extremely dense, so when I try that, I wind up taking out a lot of the inking's line quality. I have found that brining down the B&W threshold level does help a great deal.

If I can ever get my hands on one of them blue pencils I'll see what I can do then.

Anyway, thanks!
eveil
Forum Member

Post by eveil »

Nice work, I enjoy your backgrounds most of all.
Also, now that i see the new style of bubbles, it just feels right in there. I go back and look at the ovals and now the new way seems more at home in the scenes.
I'm an artist first, an attention-seeking internet whore second.
Im adding that to my list of favorite quotes.
http://erickveil.com/
It's rock-n-roll without the sound.
William G
Reinvents understanding

Post by William G »

Thanks. Glad to see my effort get appreciated.

Anatomy is next on my "Teach myself to be a better artist" worklist. There's a few fuckups in that chapter I'm not happy with. I mean, I have a better grasp than a lot of people, but I can no longer get away with trying claim that my skill limitations are some sort of "style".

I'm half done the next chapter though, so I'm going to have to save the anatomy lessons for later. The pages I kept and the pages I redrew for it are diffferent enough as it is.