FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister
Seeking Artist for Fantasy Adventure Webcomic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Seeking Comics Artists/Writers
Previous: PostLooking for a collaborator / artist th... Next: PostWild Sphere is seeking another General...  
vitkyre
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Seeking Artist for Fantasy Adventure Webcomic Reply with quote

I’m seeking an artist for an adventure webcomic, entitled “Kings vs. Raptors.” This will be a weekly-updated comic featuring a fantasy mash-up of various genres. The tone will be mock-epic and the byline shall be “Unapologetically Anachronistic.” There will be kings and velociraptors, as well as pirates and marshwiggles and Lovecraftian horrors and ever so much more.

Our protagonist is Jom Gabbar, a young sorcerer’s apprentice from a faraway land who is seeking his exiled master. He finds himself caught up in the struggle between the Kings of the Marshlands and the neighboring tribe of Velociraptors. A series of grand adventures ensues.

Unfortunately, no recompense by way of money can be offered at this time; this is strictly (at the start, at least) a project for the sheer joy of artistic creation and for fun. At the moment my preference is for a more traditional western “realistic” style of art, but I could be persuaded to go a more mangaesque route should the right artist come along. Ideally the comic would be updated at a rate of three pages a week, but I am flexible in this area, as befits such a project undertaken on a volunteer basis. Consistency is my primary concern, so let’s not bite off more than we can chew, but committing to posting one page per week would be a minimum requirement. Obviously, skill at drawing evocative dinosaurs and monsters is a plus.

If you are interested in combining forces to work on this unique and exciting comic, send me some samples or links to examples at michael.harrel@gmail.com.
Phlip
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please supply a script sample.

(For another thread, I have not yet mastered the trick of starting a plot with no ending in mind, and then layering it with gags and stunts forever, like some strips I could mention).

Yet please note my ZL reads "as if" it were such a mash-up. It is totally not!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zwol.org Forum Index -> Seeking Comics Artists/Writers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: