CHI 2006

Discuss Scott McCloud's current online comic project. Be sure to check out <a href="http://www.scottmccloud.com/comics/mi/mi.html">the latest improv</a>!

Moderators: Scott McCloud, Moderators

Jason Alderman
Frequent Poster

CHI 2006

Post by Jason Alderman »

Scott's giving the closing plenary at the Computer-Human Interaction conference in Montreal this year (CHI 2006) on April 27.
Digital Comics: An Art Form In Transition wrote:. . . Now, that same art form is entering a new infancy on the Web and other digital venues, raising fundamental questions about the reading experience, the functions of storytelling media in society, how art forms adapt to dominant technologies and the role of space in information design. Cartoonist and author Scott McCloud explores these and other questions in a fast-moving visual presentation.
(Emphasis mine.)

Any hints (beyond the above) as to what we can expect, Scott? Will this be the same content as your Making Comics courses? From the description, it looks like it could be the same presentation, but I'm anticipating more of an HCI twist...?

And on a side note, can anyone recommend nifty must-see/must-do things around Montreal?

Respectfully,
jason
William G
Reinvents understanding

Re: CHI 2006

Post by William G »

Jason Alderman wrote:And on a side note, can anyone recommend nifty must-see/must-do things around Montreal?
The strip clubs there are world famous.

And if that doesnt do it for you: Taking pics of the stripclubs next door to the churches.
Rip Tanion
Reinvents understanding
Location: The Riptania Sky-Palace in da beauuuuuutiful Bronx.

Re: CHI 2006

Post by Rip Tanion »

William G wrote:
Jason Alderman wrote:And on a side note, can anyone recommend nifty must-see/must-do things around Montreal?
The strip clubs there are world famous.
Which is why my friend had his bachelor party there, back in 2000. We stayed at the Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, just down the street from the lovely Chez Parée (hubba, hubba) :P . Needless to say, it was a great weekend.

Of course, being the family man that he is, I doubt Scott will be hanging out there. :wink: :wink:

Hmmm, maybe it's time to take another road trip to Montréal—to attend the CHI confernce, of course 8) .
"Park the beers, and grab the smiles. It's flight time." - LtCdr. J. Robert "Bobby" Stone, USN (R.I.P.)