Ed Wood

Discuss the Zwol comic. (Random yammering also allowed.)

Moderator: Moderators

jturner
Regular Poster

Post by jturner »

Greg, you mentioned watching Ed Wood and that it made you question why you are doing this. Is that because you looked at Ed Wood determinedly making his hopeless movies and wondered if you are just as deluded?

I have had this type of thing happen to me on a number of occasions, where I see somehow who has total faith in their work, but to me it just doesn?t look very good. Which then turns around so I wonder if I am as out of touch about my own comics.

The last time I saw Ed Wood my girlfriend wondered why he would bother to keep making these awful movies. This was quite removed from own feelings at the time, as the movie had made me feel happy - Here was this guy who made what are often looked at as the Worst Movies Ever, yet he followed his dream, made his movies in any way possible and believed in what he was doing.

I?m not sure I?m explaining this clearly, and it probably relates closely to that other why draw comics thread.

Doesn?t it feel great to draw them? I think that is my point. For a little while, when I draw, I'm on top of the world.

Jason Turner

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jturner on 2001-10-30 10:31 ]</font>
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Yeah, I was wondering to what degree I'm doing good work and to what comparative degree I only think I'm doing good work. I do receive compliments from readers, but sometimes all the doubts pile up and overshadow everything.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.