hi there

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

caseycamp8
Forum Member

Post by caseycamp8 »

Hi, guys, I just found this place and I've been looking for a place to find kind of a comic community that is not obsessed with dragonballz and fancies of 12-15 year olds (no offense if any of you are). Anyways, I have been reading for a while and I was wondering where I can find places to do these creative projects or where I can get involved in some of these projects. I came here from the link on scott mccloud's page.
Well, thanks for your time,
Casey Camp
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

It's been suggested that a separate branch of this forum be created specifically to allow artists/writers/whatever to get together and find each other, and I think it's a good idea, but don't know how useful it would truly be. Thoughts?
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Max Leibman
Consistant Poster

Post by Max Leibman »

In theory, it's a very useful idea, Greg, but I would question it's practical usefullness at the moment. This is a very high-quality forum, but with the low numbers of browsers-by and regulars, I don't know if it would add up to much.

Still, it's worth a shot, and I'm sure that, as the forum becomes more popular (as it's bound to -- even <A HREF="http://www.scottmccloud.com/links/links.html">Scott McCloud himself</a> is recommending it on his web site), it will become a useful area.

-Max
caseycamp8
Forum Member

Post by caseycamp8 »

Actually, I didn't mean my original post as a kind of artist looking for writer or something of that nature. It was meant more as a looking for a place of people with like minds, like Seattle during the grunge days, paris during the impressionists days. A place where people can all bounce ideas off of each other. Not that I would be mad if there were someone looking for a collaboration, but I'm talking about more of a community.
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Well, that's us!
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.