Steven Grant on Adjusting Buyers' Habits

Micropayments, Macropayments, Subscriptions, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Steven Grant's Permenant Damage column this week includes the following paragraph:
It's certainly true that the web is the easiest way to distribute and receive a lot of material ? even fifteen minutes ordering and an hour downloading a comic via a 56k hookup beats waiting three to six weeks for the mail ? but it's next to impossible to convince webgoers to adjust their buying habits. If you could get the latest issue of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (just pulling the name out of the air, don't get all pedantic on me; substitute "Ed The Happy Clown" if you want to) delivered to your computer for $2.50 (which you could then burn to a CD for a permanent copy) instead of running across town to your local comics shop to pick up a copy, would you be willing? How important is a physical copy? Drop over to the Permanent Damage Message Board and let me know.
Please note that in his column he uses the incorrect link to his own message board- I've offered the correct one above. Drop by there and let him know what you think. (Or contribute to this thread, if you like.)
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.