High Hits to Your Site!

Micropayments, Macropayments, Subscriptions, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

steve
Forum Member

Post by steve »

Hi,

I have an offer for all of you here, who ever may be interested. I'm not sure who has noticed that on most days my sites gets an average of 250 hits a day, but on some days I get an additional 1,000 to 1,200 hits, just out of the blue. The reason is that my friend Jill lists my site on her joke email list osscaionaly. Whenever she lists me I get those large number of hits. My hit tracker also says that those hits are coming straight from her. Some of these new visitors have also became "Strange Breed" fans......

What my friend Jill has to offer people here is what she has offered me, a chance at many new visitors and potential fans! She offers a "Basic" package for as little as $20 a month. She will run your link in her joke list once a week, 4 times a month. She can almost guarantee you will receive an additional 4,000 new visitors each month. She also offers an "Exclusive" package that is only $50 a month. You would need to supply her with 1 cartoon per week, which she will run on her site, she will also run your link in several joke lists, she has, once a week, 4 times a month. You would receive a potential of 16,000 hits a month.

I have the "Basic" package and let me say, it has worked very well. Thru this service I have had many new people sign up for my cartoon email list. If you are interested, please email Jill at: ThsJokes4U@aol.com .Her website is at: http://www.jillsjokeline.com .She can explain all of this in more detail. If after a month, you are not quite satisfied, you can quit. It's not a long term agreement, do it for as long or as short as you would like. Give it a try. Thanks! (I'm not getting a cent out of this. I'm doing this as a favor for a friend).

Let me know what you think.

Steve, "Strange Breed"
www2.hi.net/s4/strangebreed.htm
Tailsteak
Frequent Poster

Post by Tailsteak »

Okay, this is really rubbing me the wrong way... Maybe I'm just cynical about anyone who starts their message with "have I got a deal for you".

Well, whether this is a good thing or not, I'm not signing 1/0 up. Not just because I'm not desperate for hits, but because my stuff simply wouldn't appeal to the most people.
steve
Forum Member

Post by steve »

"Tailsteak" ok I guess you have a point there. I worded it the wrong way. I'm just a cartoonist, like many others here. I just know of a way to generate extra hits to your site and thought I should pass it along. Everyone can take it or leave it. That is what is so great about message boards. You choose what to read and take part in.

Steve, cartoonist of "Strange Breed"
http://www2.hi.net/s4/strangebreed.htm
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

While I agree that the subject line reads a bit like a spam email message, I think what Steve is talking about is an entirely valid way to make people aware of a site. So far we've mostly discussed the various merits of traditional advertising (as far as such a think exists on the web- mainly banner ads), nearly entirely discounting such "word of mouth" sponsorships as a mention in a widely circulated mailing list. It sounds like it might be a more effective idea as well, since it's more likely to be a more focused audience- you're already reaching people who want to be on the mailing list (presumably) and who trust the source. This is far different from visiting a website that features a banner ad, since we may trust the site's owner, but not necessarily the agency through which he receives his ad banners.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
gazorenzoku
Reinvents understanding

Post by gazorenzoku »

A friend of mine also runs a joke list. She put a link to <a href="http://www.gazorenzoku.com" target=_blank>my site</a> on her joke list, and I must have gotten under 5 people from that... and I hear it is a pretty popular list. Maybe I am just cursed or something. I also got one person on the guestbook to say, "You must be proud of your achievement, keep up the good work." Reading the site hits statistics for that day, I saw that the top page had been hit but no inner pages... go figure

Also, it kind of depends on what your comic is about. A comic like <a href="http://www.gazorenzoku.com" target=_blank>mine</A> might not appeal to people out for a quick laugh...

But, for those people who are doing visual humor stuff, a joke list link might be perfect. A great idea for some.

Hope it works out for those people that it works out for!

vince
Vince Coleman
<A HREF = "http://www.vince-coleman.com" target=_blank> www.vince-coleman.com
comics and stuff...</A>