Potlatch comics

Discuss the future, present and past of sequential art.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Has this been mentioned previously and I just missed/forgot it?
From Johanna Draper Carlson's Comics Worth Reading site:
Potlatch 2001 Comic Anthology (Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, 112 pages, $4.95)
This substantial anthology is ridiculously low priced at just under $5, and that benefits the CBLDF. Made up of submissions that weren't selected for the EXPO anthology this year, this volume includes a number of talented up-and-comers.
More importantly, I noticed that two of our fourm regulars, Jason Alderman and Randy Oest, are contributors to this anthology. Congratulations to them and another reason for me to buy a copy!
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
gazorenzoku
Reinvents understanding

Post by gazorenzoku »

More importantly, I noticed that two of our fourm regulars, Jason Alderman and Randy Oest, are contributors to this anthology. Congratulations to them and another reason for me to buy a copy!
awsome

vince
gazorenzoku@hotmail.com
Vince Coleman
<A HREF = "http://www.vince-coleman.com" target=_blank> www.vince-coleman.com
comics and stuff...</A>
Randy
Consistant Poster

Post by Randy »

I hope that everyone likes the book. Pick it up and let me know what you think of what everyone submitted. (And just to let you know I actually was the one that assembled the beast in Quark. Noppie did a great job of getting people to submit art.)

Buy one!

Later,
Randy
Jason Alderman
Frequent Poster

Post by Jason Alderman »

Wow! I'm published and no one bothered to tell me!

I had been wondering about <a href="http://www.zwol.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... um=2">that project</a>, Randy...

Thanks! I'll have to pick up a few copies...any place online you can recommend purchasing them from?

jason
Randy
Consistant Poster

Post by Randy »

I haven't really tried to get it on-line, so I don't know...
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Potlatch Comics gets a mention in the latest Sequential Tart, here:

http://www.sequentialtart.com/art_0202_1.shtml
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.
Randy
Consistant Poster

Post by Randy »

Hey everyone! Potlatch is running a few orders shy on what it needs to get printed (by few I mean a few hundred). If you haven't gone to your comic shop and preodered it, please do so now! Some of the contributors frequent this very site and are trying hard to get noticed. As a moral bonus all the profit goes to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund!

Thank you for your help,
Randy
http://www.subatomiccafe.com
Alexander D.
Consistant Poster

Post by Alexander D. »

On 2002-02-18 18:04, Randy wrote:
Some of the contributors frequent this very site and are trying hard to get noticed. As a moral bonus all the profit goes to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund!
This is very cool! I'll be putting in my order when I hit the comic shop on Wednesday. I hope you get the orders you need to get the project out. I know how tough small press publishing is. If you get this issue out, is there any chance this is going to become an annual thing?
Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

Post by Greg Stephens »

Randy- I would try emailing a press release to various online comic news outlets, like CBR or Comicon.com's Newsrama. There's no guarantee that they'll run it, but a professional press release has a good chance of finding its way into "print". It'll also help to raise awareness of the project.

edited because I can't spell 'CBR'...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg Stephens on 2002-02-18 19:18 ]</font>