Yet another writer seeking artist

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ratio Tile
Forum Member

Yet another writer seeking artist

Post by Ratio Tile »

Hello.

I’m looking for an artist to collaborate with me on a comic, preferably someone who can ink their own pencils. Color/lettering skills would be a plus but are not essential.

What kind of comic? I suppose in “pitch-speak”, it would be sort of a cross between Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, but in actuality it’s not a whole lot like that at all. It does, however, take place in space and a wide variety of planets, and features a large amount of battles of various scales (mostly planet side, but occasionally in space) and a bit of political intrigue, a dash of romance, and maybe some midgets. Not sure about the midgets yet, though.

I have the storyline plotted out from beginning to end, so there is no fear of losing track of where the story is going or a desperate need to make things up as we go; but there is also lots of flexibility to be creative within the plotted storyline.

As far as art style, I’d kind of thinking Moebius right now, or maybe the manga style would be a good fit for the material, but I’m certainly open to other ideas as well. Liefeldian superhero types need not apply.

Where do I want to go with this? I’d like to develop it for submission to the usual Dark Horse/IDW/etc. types, maybe Wowio as well. If that doesn’t work, possibly the webcomic/self-publishing route.

Compensation: as is typical in these situations, there are no immediate development funds available, though I am working on some angles that do not involve the mafia or organ donation. As I said, the goal here is to be published eventually and hopefully, at worst, earn at least enough to get an extra case of ramen noodles every so often while creating a quality body of work. Proceeds will be split equally between writer and artist.

If this sounds interesting to you, please send inquiries (preferably including links to deviantart pages, art samples, etc.) to argon9000 at gmail dot com (no spaces, etc.).