Need another two artists and a colourist.

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

dbaonw
Forum Member

Need another two artists and a colourist.

Post by dbaonw »

Hello,

I'm creating a universe that will be submitted to various creator-owned companies as soon as possible. I have five different ideas at the moment, three with various artists attached, obviously leaving two projects left.

The five projects are:

- A team of heroes who are more of a dysfunctional family with serious problems, especially after being imprisoned and tested on for several years.
- An assassin who slowly begins to gain a conscious as she's hunted by another assassin.
- A story involving a superpowered, drunk, cancer suffering, dellusional cop, his feisty partner, an independent strong tech advisor, a superpowered Italian and an annoying jock with a secret (AVAILABLE).
- Jungle adventure with a young girl who was lost in the Amazon when she was younger (AVAILABLE).
- Noir, hard boiled fiction about a vigilante working for the Chicago Police Department.

Obviously, the ones with available after them are the ones without artists attached to the projects. Just so you know, none of the characters where costumes. I'm trying to create a realistic world that people can relate too without the gigantic boobs and huge muscular bodies.

I have specifics ready for character designs for both projects, however the jungle adventure does not have a sample script finished and polished yet, where as the drunk cop title does have a seven page script ready to go.

What I am looking for from the artist is the first six-eight pages, a cover and character designs. The plan is for all five projects to be on-going/continuing titles, and at the minimum I've already planned up to #25 (with the team book, I've planned up to #100). Just for your information, I do have titles for the projects, however I do not wish to divulge these to you unless I hear from someone who is interested.

I plan on sending the projects as a whole, as most characters interact with each other and crossover, to creator-owned companies such as Image Comics, and a few years down the line I hope to self-publish the titles.

As for creator rights, you will be the co-creator of the characters in the title obviously, and considering you do penciling, inking, colouring and lettering too, you're going to receive a fairly high percentage of what the creative team receive depending on what the publisher takes off top (I have a graphic novel coming out later this year, and the publisher is taking 40% while we receive 60%, the artist getting 25% for art duties and inking). NO UP FRONT PAY AT THE MOMENT!

Just for your information, I'm very dedicated to my projects and have invested a lot of time and thought into them, and I'm very good at meeting deadlines, and am looking for someone who is just as dedicated.

Also, I would like to see art samples before I make my decision.

You can contact me at dbaonw@hotmail.co.uk and I'll do my best to reply to all who enquire, or alternatively, post below and I'll contact you.

Thank you for your time.