New Features

For reporting forum bugs, feature requests and the like.

Moderator: Moderators

Greg Stephens
Forum Founder

New Features

Post by Greg Stephens »

In case you're wondering, here are some of the new features of the newly upgraded forum:
  1. Auto-login feature. (And, if you don't want to or can't use that, then it's possible to login directly from the main page, without having to visit a different page to log in.)
  2. Last viewed messages tracked by username- much more accurate than the older cookie method.
  3. Icon shortcuts to bookmark individual posts. Look for this icon: Image at the top of every post. It's a link!
  4. View posts since last visit. Link on main page.
  5. Time zone adjustment per user. (Via user profile.)
  6. Watch topic feature. Link at bottom right of every topic page.
  7. Ability to preview message before posting.
  8. Topic review available on same page as topic reply.
  9. Javascript buttons to help with BBCode during post composition.
  10. Ability to add Polls to topics. Available to the originator of the topic only.
  11. Much more advanced Search function.
  12. "Announcement" and "Sticky" topics remain at top of forum to keep important topics in a prominant place. (Moderater's function.)
  13. Advanced HTML code filtering (considered a feature by me, anyhow).
  14. Ability to split topics in order to keep discussions on-topic (no "merge" function, however- would be useful to prevent duplicate discussions). (Moderater's function.)
  15. Advanced templating system means it's easier to provide alternate appearances to the forum, such as the new large texttemplate. Great for people like me using monitors set to 1600x1200 resolution. Set from your user Profile when logged in.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Good morning! That's a nice tnetennba.