Calling all pencilers; I can be your inker/letterer

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

scrawl-dodger
Regular Poster

Calling all pencilers; I can be your inker/letterer

Post by scrawl-dodger »

Hi there!

I'm an amateur comic book enthusiast with a deep regard for the medium. In the past I have dabbled in creating my own work (penciling, inking, lettering, colours) but nowadays I have found myself at a place where I would prefer to do inking and lettering as opposed to penciling.

To this end I am inviting all amateur pencilers to join me in a collaboration with the goal of creating something unique (I know it's a difficult task to convince people to work for free) This is purely experimental and not, I repeat, NOT a paid project. I ink digitally, so anything we produce will be very much print-ready.

All styles are welcome, although I'm partial to a half realistic, half cartoony aesthetic (Invincible artist Ryan Ottley's work is a good example of what I mean) What I'm looking for is CONSISTENCY of style and good execution of the basics (anatomy, perspective, shadow placement, etc.)

If this is something that would interest you, either for short or long-term, you may contact me at jeremymarshall1977@gmail.com. There, I will assess your work and, if chosen, fill you in on what I plan to produce as far as storytelling is concerned.

So... the ball is in your court. Hope to be hearing from you!