Writer looking for gigs

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

TheRealMW
Forum Member

Writer looking for gigs

Post by TheRealMW »

Seen other writers post on here before looking for collaborations who didn't have much info so I'm going to be really specific here.

Who am I?: Matthew Werner and, as the topic suggests, a freelance writer on the market.

What kinds of projects can I do?: I mostly work on action and drama's, sometimes with a comedic bend. Always interested in trying out new things and can contribute to anthologies, or do scripting based on a provided plot and/or set of characters. Familiar with the webcomic format in case anyone's working on one of those. My Kryptonite (or, more aptly, red sun radiation) is romance. I can do projects where I'm expected to just work based on what I'm told to do, and others where I would need to give feedback and come up with something myself.

What is my experience?: I've written a bunch of scripts and prose stories, some of which are in production when it comes to art. I don't have a published comic yet, but I can provide script samples for anyone who is truly interested in bringing me on board for their project. I'm looking to gain more experience and get my name out there a bit with this. If it's a paid job and I'm going into new territory, I'm willing to write a free proto-script to see if the hypothetical client likes my work in that vein.

Price?: I'm pretty lax on this. I know that an amateur, previously unpublished, no-name writer will have a hard, hard time getting high-paying gigs if that's what they're looking for. When it comes to very small comics (IE, webcomics, a comic strip or two, a page or thereabouts), I'm willing to work for free--so long as I get credited and can use it as part of my portfolio. For commercial comics, I'm willing to do a rev-split or a negotiable page-rate/full up-front payment that is up to whoever's fitting the bill. Again, looking to get my name out there, so proper credit is imperative, unless I'm getting paid extra to be a ghost writer (which I don't think is super common in comics nowadays, so I won't hold my breath). I recognize that people are going to be on a budget and can work on one.

If interested, feel free to PM me or email at mwindustries2016@gmail.com