Dark, edgy artist wanted for mafia comic with twist.

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

darker_nite
Regular Poster

Dark, edgy artist wanted for mafia comic with twist.

Post by darker_nite »

Hi Guys,

I'm a writer who currently has published work with AMM Markosia and Lucha Comics. My comics can be found here https://www.comixology.com/Tony-McDouga ... RzU2xpZGVy

I'm looking for a collaborative partner to continue this success.

I'm looking for an artist who can both pencil and ink and is able to tell a dark gritty story set in the world of the American Mafia

The pitch is as follows. If the mafia has a problem, there’s one man they call – Frank Rizzo. He is a freelance fixer who cleans up other people’s messes with an effortless ease. How does he do this? He has a secret. His teenage niece - Val. She is blessed with a psychic ability, that many would call a curse. When she comes into contact with another person, she can see what is buried within. She sees things you conceal deep within your mind. Hidden fantasies, secret desires and taboo secrets appear to Val as plain as day.

Once they have a target, Val extracts dirt directly from the source. Frank then bribes, blackmails and sets up marks until they succumb to his employer's wishes. They have their issues, but when it comes to work, Val and Frank are always several steps ahead of everybody else.

The book would be a 4 issue series of about 20 pages per issue. It would touch on themes from intimacy to the Black Lives Matter movement.

This would be a back-end deal so you would be paid once we got the book published, but you would also be a 50% owner meaning that you would make 50% of the profits as well as holding 50% of the rights of the book. This also means I'm looking for a collaborator who will take some ownership of the project. I've had contact with a few editors over the last year or so about the project and they seemed to like it, but many of them wanted to see finished artwork. So initially I'm looking to put together a six-page pitch with a cover.

If this sounds interesting at all, please send me some samples of your sequential work to tmcdougall80@gmail.com

Thanks,

Tony
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Re: Dark, edgy artist wanted for mafia comic with twist.

Post by noonecomics »

darker_nite wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm a writer who currently has published work with AMM Markosia and Lucha Comics. My comics can be found here https://www.comixology.com/Tony-McDouga ... RzU2xpZGVy

I'm looking for a collaborative partner to continue this success.

I'm looking for an artist who can both pencil and ink and is able to tell a dark gritty story set in the world of the American Mafia

The pitch is as follows. If the mafia has a problem, there’s one man they call – Frank Rizzo. He is a freelance fixer who cleans up other people’s messes with an effortless ease. How does he do this? He has a secret. His teenage niece - Val. She is blessed with a psychic ability, that many would call a curse. When she comes into contact with another person, she can see what is buried within. She sees things you conceal deep within your mind. Hidden fantasies, secret desires and taboo secrets appear to Val as plain as day.

Once they have a target, Val extracts dirt directly from the source. Frank then bribes, blackmails and sets up marks until they succumb to his employer's wishes. They have their issues, but when it comes to work, Val and Frank are always several steps ahead of everybody else.

The book would be a 4 issue series of about 20 pages per issue. It would touch on themes from intimacy to the Black Lives Matter movement.

This would be a back-end deal so you would be paid once we got the book published, but you would also be a 50% owner meaning that you would make 50% of the profits as well as holding 50% of the rights of the book. This also means I'm looking for a collaborator who will take some ownership of the project. I've had contact with a few editors over the last year or so about the project and they seemed to like it, but many of them wanted to see finished artwork. So initially I'm looking to put together a six-page pitch with a cover.

If this sounds interesting at all, please send me some samples of your sequential work to tmcdougall80@gmail.com

Thanks,

Tony
My counter offer is this,
If you hire me to do 6 pages and a cover, and with that you get an agreement with an editor (I actually would like to publish at Markosia) I would take your offer to produce the first issue.
I published this last time, http://www.zwol.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20634 I have to update but been busy to do it!
if you're interested noonecomics@gmail.com
cheers.